Head of Enablement and Learning Technology
Head of Enablement and Learning Technology
Why this role is important
The Home Office needs great people with relevant professional skills and capabilities to achieve the mission of building a safe, fair and prosperous UK. The Home Office learning function is at that heart of the Home Office becoming a listening learning organisation and our vision for learning is that we learn as individuals, grow as an organisation and succeed for our citizens. The learning function ensures that the organisation can successfully develop and support capable, confident people through the design of quality learning activity and use of specific targeted Leadership, Learning and Talent strategies.
The Head of Enablement and Learning Technology is accountable and responsible for delivering a critical, centralised function that will be a key enabler of the Learning model by the administration, delivery and technological enablement of Leadership, Learning and Talent activity; providing professional support to the Learning function to continuously improve the way we deliver services across the Home Office, and realising efficiencies by enabling directorates to focus efforts on value maximising activity.
You will be responsible for a dedicated unit and the entry point for all learners, that utilises Learning technology and systems to efficiently drive the delivery and administration of Learning activity, gather and collate data, and facilitate and promote a self-service culture.
You will ensure that the Home Office Learning function is aligned to cross-government strategy and initiatives and developing a Home Office offer that is consistent, inclusive and accessible and best in class across government. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership and relationship management skills, with an agile approach and an ability to network with managers and stakeholders at all levels. You will need to understand Whitehall-wide initiatives and the impact on Home Office service of these, adapting and integrating for the Department as required.
You will report to the Deputy Director of Learning Operations and Delivery and be responsible for managing a small specialist team.
Key Accountabilities include; Not an exhaustive list
- Overall accountability for leading the development and deployment of Learning delivery for the function in accordance with annual plans
- Oversee and ensure the highest quality service to, support for and experience of learners within the department
- Overall accountability for development and deployment of frameworks and process to enable the operationalisation of the annual learning delivery plans including resource availability and allocation; facilities and estate management; learner enrolment; and attendance and record management
- Setting the Learning Technology & Systems strategy, appropriately aligned to the HR and departmental strategy including defining learning technological parameters to feed into the design; source, design, maintain and improve technical solutions for learning
You will have the following skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of operational and customer service delivery and proven track record of developing and embedding service excellence in practice across a large organisation
- Experience of large-scale programme management delivery, affecting processes, systems and logistics and underpinned by excellent change management capability
- Demonstrable experience of deploying technology to best effect in an organisation to drive efficiency and customer service and satisfaction
- Be able to think strategically and translate that into workable, pragmatic approaches
- Proven ability to shape and lead a delivery team providing a service in to the organisation with a focus on tangible business deliverables and outcomes
- Strong analytical skills to diagnose the root cause of organisational performance gaps and develop high quality solutions to address them
- Proven ability to collaborate, engage and influence colleagues and senior stakeholders to deliver shared business outcomes
- Proven people and budget management experience and a collaborative and positive leadership approach
- Strong intellect and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure when faced with competing demands from the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning theory and application
- Strong understanding and knowledge of HO business
- Be APMP or equivalent qualified.
What’s on offer
This role is flexible on location and can be based in either of the below locations on a full-time basis with flexible working available.
*You will be able to select your location preference upon completion of your formal application form.
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary of;
National; £63,256 up to £69,578 London; £68,699 up to £75,566
- Market leading pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year’s service in the Home Office) plus 1 additional day for the Queen’s Birthday and 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working to support a work life balance
- A range of benefits focusing on health and wellbeing
- Extensive training and development opportunities
Applying through this advert is an expression of interest and you will be given further onscreen instructions to complete your application where you will be provided further detail about the role.
For a confidential discussion about this role or any opportunities with the Home Office please contact Claire Steyn on 02082598824 or Claire.Steyn@hays.com
More searches like this
- Public Sector Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham
- Information Technology / Tech / Telecommunications Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham
- Professional Services Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham