Head of Operational Training
Head of Operational Training (Casework Capability)
Why this role is important
The Home Office needs great people with relevant professional skills and capabilities to achieve the mission of building a safe, fair and prosperous UK. The Home Office learning function is at that heart of the Home Office becoming a listening learning organisation and our vision for learning is that we learn as individuals, grow as an organisation and succeed for our citizens. The learning function ensures that the organisation can successfully develop and support capable, confident people through the design of quality learning activity and use of specific targeted Leadership, Learning and Talent strategies.
This role has responsibility for all Casework Capability delivery provided by the central Learning function, in addition this role has responsibility for providing support and advice to those Learning Delivery Professionals who remain Business Embedded. This role has accountability for enabling the Casework Capability Delivery sub-function to meet the Directorate customer Learning needs through the ongoing maintenance of Learning capabilities within the Casework Capability Delivery sub-function.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the Home Office Learning function is aligned to cross-government and departmental strategy and initiatives and developing a Home Office offer that is consistent, inclusive and accessible and best in class across government. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership and relationship management skills, with an agile approach and an ability to network with managers and stakeholders at all levels. You will need to understand Whitehall-wide initiatives and the impact on Home Office service of these, adapting and integrating for the Department as required.
You will report to the Deputy Director of Learning Operations and Delivery and will be responsible for managing a large delivery team.
Key Accountabilities include; Not an exhaustive list
- Overall accountability for leading the development and deployment of Learning delivery for the casework functions in accordance with annual plans
- Oversee and ensure the highest quality service to, support for and experience of learners within the department
- Understanding, and putting in place plans to address, casework capability, skills and knowledge gaps within the department
- Accountability for all centrally owned Casework Capability Learning Products delivered within the Home Office
- Accountability for the input to the ongoing maintenance of the Operational Learning licence to operate for Casework Capability Delivery
- Be recognised, in department and cross government, as a learning expert and be able to offer advice, guidance and support to the business in both procurement and addressing the departments complex and specialist leadership and learning requirements
You will have the following skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of learning and development theory and a proven track record of embedding effective learning delivery in practice across a large organisation
- Strong knowledge of operational and customer service delivery and proven track record of developing and embedding service excellence in practice across a large organisation
- Proven ability to shape and lead a large delivery team partnering in to the organisation with a focus on tangible business deliverables and outcomes
- Proven ability to collaborate, engage and influence colleagues and senior stakeholders to deliver shared business outcomes
- Proven people and budget management experience and a collaborative and positive leadership approach
- Strong intellect and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure when faced with competing demands from the business
- Relevant Casework Capability competence
- Understanding of Operational context (multiskilled, pan Casework)
- Be CIPD qualified.
What’s on offer
This role is flexible on location and can be based in either of the below locations on a full-time basis with flexible working available.
*You will be able to select your location preference upon completion of your formal application form.
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary of;
National; £63,256 up to £69,578 London; £68,699 up to £75,566
- Market leading pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year’s service in the Home Office) plus 1 additional day for the Queen’s Birthday and 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working to support a work life balance
- A range of benefits focusing on health and wellbeing
- Extensive training and development opportunities
Applying through this advert is an expression of interest and you will be given further onscreen instructions to complete your application form where you will be provided full details about the role.
For a confidential discussion about this role or any opportunities with the Home Office please contact Claire Steyn on 02082598824 or Claire.Steyn@hays.com
More searches like this
- Public Sector Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham
- Local and National Government Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham
- Professional Services Director / Head / VP Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Durham