Non-executive Director/Trustee at Dudley Academies Trust
2 days left
- Part Time / Job share
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Dudley? Dudley Academies Trust seeks two non-executive directors/trustees to join its board. Board meetings are held at DY1 4AS when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
An academy trust in the West Midlands, Dudley Academies Trust operates five schools within the north of the borough of Dudley, which is an area of high deprivation. The trust seeks two individuals to help manage the post-pandemic landscape, as well as assist in the timely expansion of its primary phase. While prior experience in the education sector is advantageous, it is not essential. Board meetings are held at Dudley College of Technology, DY1 4AS, when safe to do so.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- risk or
- non-executive/trustee or
- succession planning or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Covid-19 - mitigating the effects on learners of the pandemic in terms of their academic achievement and on their mental health and wellbeing and social development;
- Expansion - the growth of the trust's primary phase in a timely and considered manner;
- Governance - the successful recruitment of additional trustees with educational specialism, to improve the diversity of the board membership and to develop succession planning both at board and local advisory committee level.
The trust's current Strategic Plan runs until 2021 and the development of the next stage of the strategy will be developed during this year. The trust's ambition is, over time, to create a family of local primary and secondary schools working together in a coherent manner with its sponsor, Dudley College of Technology, to meet the needs of learners in the area. DAT aims to increase the number of schools in the trust, but in a considered manner. The growth plan has support from the Regional Schools Commissioner, with one additional primary school due to join in March 2021.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/dudley-academies-trust-0
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-executive Director/Trustee at Dudley Academies Trust
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly