Head of Management Information and Insights Team (MIIT)
Job Description (JD)
Group/Directorate/Team: Judicial Office/Judicial HR
Role: Head of Management Information and Insights Team (MIIT)
Head of Management Information and Insights Team (MIIT)
Judicial HR Team – HR Operations
Overview of the Organisation:
Are you an experienced analyst looking for a new challenge? Do you want to lead a team, and work for a great organisation where your skills and experience will be valued? You’ve come to the right place!
The Judicial Office is a small organisation (c200 people) which works in support of the Lord Chief Justice and Senior President of Tribunals. The team also supports and advises the advisory committees who carry out key functions in relation to the magistracy, on behalf of the Lord Chancellor.
More generally, the Judicial Office is a very collegiate place to work and there are opportunities to get involved in a range of things, be it by becoming a member of the Shadow Board, joining the Learning & Development Group or work-shadowing colleagues.
Summary of the role:
Reporting to the G6 Head of Judicial HR Operations this is a newly-created G7 Management Information and Insights role, following an internal HR restructure. This is an excellent opportunity for you to lead a team in an area of growing importance to the Judicial Office.
We are looking for a confident leader who will be required to lead a programme of work to:
- bring their expertise to bear in transforming the growing volume of complex data and data requests into actionable insights about the business to help evidenced-based decisions;
- provide direction, delivery and pace to the everchanging HR data landscape; unblocking and resolving issues;
- give the senior judiciary ongoing confidence that HR data is accurate, up to date and suitably protected;
- support and develop a data insight driven team that has the capability and capacity to provide a single source of judicial HR data;
- provide the judiciary and judicial HR with a data service that enables intelligent, effective and efficient decision-making.
- drive change through digital technology.
Activities & Duties:
To develop a data strategy which sets out the vision, aims and data governance to meet the requirements of the Judicial Office business plan and the HR Strategy
To increase and improve technology development of the inhouse HR Management and Information (HRMI) system to achieve ‘a single version of the truth’ data and digitalisation of ways of working within Judicial HR.
To oversee the HR MI system making data available for use in multiple digital applications across the Judicial Office and beyond – providing all customers such as HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) with ‘a single version of the truth’.
To ensure the judiciary have clear access to the services provided by the MII Team.
Building relationships with colleagues across HR and the Judicial Office through Chairmanship of the HR Data Board.
Build successful partnerships (HMCTS/Ministry of Justice/Judicial Appointments Commission) and relationships with key stakeholders (to deliver corporate reporting requirements)
Working closely with the JO Digital Services team to use and develop technology to drive efficiency, speed of data production and better ways of working.
Grow data governance and data management knowledge and skills within Judicial HR.
Ensure data integrity and build on the report producing service for all data requests e.g. Diversity, HR Dashboards, FOIs and PQs.
To provide leadership and management direction to the team of 5, ensuring that the team is working to its greatest potential.
Behaviours (for Recruitment/Success Profiles):
Making Effective Decisions
Seeing the Big Picture
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a quality service
If large volumes of applications are received the sift will focus on Managing a Quality Service
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Data analysis skills: Knowledge and experience of : data preparation, exploration and visualization; data interrogation and analysis; application of statistical and/or data-modelling methodologies; presentation of results using good visualisations.
- Data Tooling: Knowledge and experience of using modern tools for analysis and visualization, particularly: R Studio, Power BI and SQL (desirable); and modern communication channels (GitHub, Trello, MS teams etc) to solve day-to-day technical issues (desirable).
- Interpersonal skills: Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners and stakeholders.
- Problem solving: A problem-solving approach with curiosity and proactivity to engage and understand both the strategic business goals and our customer’s needs.
- Communication and Influencing: Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to take complex ideas, concepts and data sets and communicate their key messages clearly in writing and verbally to a variety of audiences.
- Identifies improvements: Ability to identify areas of improvement and create innovative approaches to delivering better quality services and products.
- HR data knowledge: Experience in HR data management and data insights.
- Innovation: Innovatively driving change through digital technology, whilst being knowledgeable on the sensitivities around data protection.
- Stakeholder skills: Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Confident decision maker, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- HR Analytics
·Level 5 qualified / CIPD or working towards qualification desirable.
Security clearance required: