Senior HR Business Partner
Location: White Rose Academies Trust
Job Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Salary: PO 4/5 – 35 – 40 (£38,890 -£43,857) FTE
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Accountable to: Chief Financial Officer or equivalent
The White Rose Academies Trust – leading the way in Education!
This role is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the White Rose Academies Trust on its journey to becoming World Class.
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to join the Trust to support with employee relations and strategic projects.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a Leeds-based multi-academy Trust with a reputation for raising ambitions, engaging local communities and rapid school improvement.
The Trust currently employs over 450 members of staff and is responsible for educating and developing almost 4,000 students between the ages of 3 to 16.
The Trust consists of three secondary schools - Leeds City Academy, Leeds East Academy and Leeds West Academy, and also recently welcomed its first primary school (Mill Field Primary Academy) on 1st December 2020.
We believe the Trust is a highly desirable place of work for an ambitious HR professional, who will be joining one of the most supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group. Other members of the group include Leeds Conservatoire, Keighley College, Harrogate College and Leeds City College. The group provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding Trust.
The Luminate Education Group is one of the largest education providers in the Yorkshire region, with over 30,000 students and 2,000 staff members, offering education from Early Years through to Higher Education.
Core Purpose of the Senior HR Business Partner
The Senior HR Business Partner will deliver an exemplar HR service by engaging with and supporting the Business Planning process, using workforce information, performance data and targeted interventions to create innovative people solutions.
In selecting a Senior HR Business Partner for this career defining role, we are looking for an outstanding leader who is able to promote the vision for HR by role modelling positive personal and team working attributes and taking accountability for ensuring the HR Operating Model is embedded successfully.
Overall purpose of the post of Senior HR Business Partner:
In line with, and building on the Trust’s vision, the Senior HR Business Partner will:
- Develop and embed a coherent strategic vision of HR across the Trust
- Lead a small and growing team of talented HR Professionals
- Be creative in their approach to providing innovative solutions to support managers with workforce (talent and succession) planning and people management activity
- Lead on HR projects: change management, restructures, TUPE, to ensure effective implementation of and compliance with all policies and procedures
- Deliver an enabling and responsive, customer-focused HR provision
- Work collaboratively and consultatively to ensure the service proactively supports managers, employees and key stakeholders
- Show commitment to the delivery of a professional manager-led HR provision
- Contribute towards service cross-functional projects and work streams
- Improve and maintain internal relationships with wider teams, such as Estates, Finance, IT, Communications and Projects and the School Improvement team along with other teams in the wider Luminate Education Group.
- Contribute to and actively support the Trust staff wellbeing strategy
- Cultivate strong partnership working with all internal and external stakeholders including the Trade Unions, developing positive working relationships through effective engagement and communication
The Trust provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
There is also a wide range of staff benefits available, if you are successful. These benefits range from a Tastecard, Cycle-to-Work scheme, Nuffield Health access and outstanding opportunities for professional training and development.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Group Director of People to ensure that the Trust and Group have a first-class HR Directorate and service for its member organisations.
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021 – 12 noon
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 27th April 2021
Interviews: W/C 3rd May 2021
Start date: ASAP
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.