Learning and Development Consultant
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Location: Oldbury, Newcastle or Cheadle (we are committed to flexible working and as such this role offers a blend of office and home based working)
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
This is the job
We take performance seriously at the AA. We are currently recruiting for a new L&D Consultant (Performance and Capability) to join our dynamic Talent and Development team. In this role, you will work to improve and embed our performance and capability frameworks to ensure that our people are capable and competent to deliver great conduct, customer and regulatory outcomes. You will work closely with our operational leaders and our HR teams to develop, embed and monitor our performance and capability frameworks, systems and learning.
What will I be doing?
- Develop creative and engaging resources to support embedding the frameworks to drive increased performance across the business
- Working with the business to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are understood and translated into appropriate performance and learning solutions
- Facilitate workshops and undertake engagement activity with HRBPs and ER team to ensure regulatory requirements are understood and embedded within HR processes
- Evaluate and measure the impact of initiatives and engagement activity to continuously improve
- Responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the performance & capability frameworks (including performance management and T&C)
- Support the operation of the seven HR process steps contained within the SMCR operational guide
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong experience in L&D in an FCA regulated organisation
- Proven facilitation and delivery experience
- Understanding of the FCA Framework with specific focus on SM&CR, SYSC, ICOBS and TC sourcebooks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to influence senior stakeholders
Education and Qualifications:
- Learning and Development qualification (Desirable)
- Appropriate industry qualification (Desirable) e.g. ICA, J07, Certificate in Insurance
To succeed in this role, you will be a highly self-motivated individual who can work in a fast paced, change orientated environment. You will have a solution orientated mind-set and a strong customer service philosophy. You will be experienced at managing internal stakeholders, confidently balancing their needs and the needs of the organisation to achieve objectives.
What’s in it for me?
- 33 days holiday per year.
- Worksave pensions scheme which includes death in service benefit.
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months. Along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family.
- Plus a wide range of flexible benefits.
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.