Non-executive Director/Trustee at Excel Academy Partnership
2 days left
- Part Time / Job share
Excel Academy Partnership in Durham seeks two non-executives/directors with HR and/or legal skills to join its board. Board meetings are held at DH1 5BQ when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Established in December 2011, The Excel Academy Partnership is made up of a single 11-18 school, Framwellgate School Durham. The trust is currently seeking two Non-Executive Directors/Trustees and one Member to help strengthen the areas of HR and law/legal frameworks to shape the future from an all through provision to a multi academy trust of up to five schools. The trust seeks to ensure the board has a broad and diverse make up that is representative of the communities it represents, bringing a balance of skills, knowledge and experience in thought, expertise and lived experience, in order to offer the best range of perspective, and the best support and challenge to the leaders it supports and holds to account. Applicants of all faiths and none are welcomed. Board meetings are held at Framwellgate School Durham.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- human resources and/or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Post-Covid recovery: for Framwellgate School Durham to recover strongly following the Covid-19 pandemic and to achieve a Good Ofsted rating as soon as inspection allows;
- System development: to continue establishing and refining the systems and structures that come with being an academy trust - including the governance structure;
- Financial management - to use the trust's strengths in this area to support other schools with robust financial planning and a costed curriculum model;
- Growth: to continue to grow and work with more schools and grow the trust whilst allowing schools to retain their unique characteristics in their communities.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/excel-academy-partnership
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-executive Director/Trustee at Excel Academy Partnership
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly