Head of Learning and Organisational Development
As the leading conservation charity in the UK, the RSPB has an ambitious programme of work transforming its approach to saving nature.
Recognising that people are at the heart of delivering this, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented and driven individual to join our HR and L&D Team.
Reporting to the Head of HR and Development, you will be a strong leader with extensive experience in delivering results through people.
What's the job about?
The Head of Learning and Organisational Development is a new role leading and managing the L&D team and function to interpret business priorities and implement effective learning and development interventions which support the organisation's strategic goals.
Working closely with the Head of HR Operations and Head of Business Partnering, you will create an aligned leadership team that leads the overall HR & Development team to deliver our work plans, engage with key stakeholders leading organisational change programmes to build a specific and comprehensive learning and development strategy that is an enabler for behavioural change.
Key deliverables will include:
- Setting the learning and development strategy then embracing and developing the skills of the team to bring this to life
- A future focused learning offer that meets a blend of learning preferences across the generations and makes use of developing technology
- Developing the learning culture of the organisation through the engagement of your leadership colleagues
- Liaising closely with the People business partners for visibility of change to effectively plan and budget for learning and development support
- Creating effective ROI processes that promote the value of development
- Taking advantage of all organisational intelligence to inform the future development offer whilst promoting a focus on career and self-development throughout the organisation
- Regularly communicating how the Learning & Development priorities contribute to and support the corporate strategy
- Creating a cohesive plan of internal talent development whilst complimenting this with a plan of a variety of entry level trainees
- Prioritising the elements of the learning and development strategy for delivery across all levels of the organisation
- Building a network of key internal stakeholders with whom you create specific and comprehensive engagement plans
- Working closely with those leading organisational change programmes to support behavioural change
- Role modelling and advocating high levels of enterprise leadership
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience of leading and developing an L&D team of specialists, leading to high performance and a positive culture
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject or able to show equivalent ability through work experience
- Knowledge of the RSPB and its mission
- Significant experience in creating relevant L&D interventions and working with psychometric testing
- Experience of developing entry level talent such as graduates and apprentices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and build partnerships both in and outside of the organisation
- Collaboration skills to build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts
- Project management skills and an understanding of project management frameworks to plan and manage risks, costs, and time in project delivery
- Experience of leading change
- Ability to provide professional expertise and advice
Previous applicants to this vacancy need not apply. To apply please click 'Apply'