Nosy Crow is one of the fastest growing children’s publishing company in the UK and we are now of a size that we feel is the time to bring our HR support in-house, so we are looking for an HR Advisor with generalist experience to join us on a part-time basis.
Given the current pandemic, the role will initially be a home-working one, but, as soon as our offices reopen, it will be based in our London office near London Bridge.
Purpose of the Job:
It will be the HR Advisor’s responsibility to be involved in managing employee relations, recruitment and retention and ensure that Nosy Crow’s HR policies are consistent and in line with current legislation.
The HR Advisor will work closely with the Nosy Crow management team and with colleagues from all areas of the business.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Managing staff relationships and responding to any queries or problems that they have whilst managing expectations
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring that they are in line with the latest legislation
- Facilitation of Nosy Crow’s recruitment processes – from placing adverts to co-ordinating the appointment process for successful candidates
- Drafting and issuing of employment contracts and addendums for variations of terms and conditions
- HR induction of all new starters – introducing them to our HR policies and systems and ID checking
- Supporting line managers with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary
- Management and promotion of Nosy Crow’s employee assistance programme
- Providing administrative support to our payroll function
- Use Nosy Crow’s HR system to access, input and compile data
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Flexible with an understanding of the ‘light-touch’ HR requirements in a medium-sized creative organisation such as ours
- Ability to design clear and fair company policies
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Proven work experience as an HR Advisor or similar role
- HR professional qualifications desirable, but not essential
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK and will be available to start in May. We envisage this as a part-time role working up to 21 hours per week, but are willing to negotiate working hours and patterns with the right person for the job.
To apply please email your CV, salary expectations and an email of no more than 500 words detailing why you think you would be the right person for the job, to Imogen Blundell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also refer to where you discovered this vacancy in your application. The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 28th April.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.