Head of People and Organisational Development – South Yorkshire Police
This permanent post is for the Head of People and Organisational Development (POD) and is responsible for all aspects of people strategy and the leadership of POD for South Yorkshire Police.
This is a critical appointment for South Yorkshire Police and requires someone who is passionate about people, bringing quality and focus to delivering an outstanding public service experience, whilst demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
Pivotal to the success of this role is the ability to provide strategic leadership, and to act as both an influencer and enabler, ensuring that the role adds demonstrable value to the strategic aims of the Organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the strategic development and professional oversight of POD, proactively promoting and embedding the desired culture and behaviours within all HR services and activities
- Be responsible for ensuring our people and OD strategies and approaches enable a high performing, agile and engaged workforce and facilitate transformational change across the Force
- Lead on the development of our people and innovative organisational practices to ensure the Force attracts, retains and invests in the workforce to fulfil the overall Force Strategic Plan.
- Develop a workforce that is highly skilled, motivated and can deliver on their ambitious goals
- Champion and evolve cultural vision and values
- Develop and lead the overall People Strategy for the Force, taking the function forward and implementing new and efficient ways of working, ensuring it is aligned to the Force Strategic Vision and supports the Police and Crime Plan.
- You must have significant strategic people and OD experience that blends advocacy, authentic leadership and proven ability to deliver strategic transformational change, gained in a large, complex and Unionised organisational context.
- You will also be able to evidence success in shaping the delivery of people and OD services to ensure efficient and progressive approaches.
- Fully professional qualified in HR with extensive applied experience in a full range of HR sub disciplines.
- You will have a real passion for people engagement, cultivating teams and delivering amazing innovation
- Have experience in dealing with a complex service with multiple challenges, requiring evaluative judgements and new thinking to address change and varied situations.
- Have considerable influence as a leader of staff groups, internally and externally to gain support for policies. Including the negotiation with senior leaders and professionals.
The post will be based at Nunnery Square, Sheffield; however we are currently looking at a more agile approach to the workplace.
For further information relating to the responsibility, decision making, roles and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
CV’s and covering letters are required for this vacancy and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 18th May 2021.
For further information about this post please, contact Jackie Bland, Director of Resources on
T: 0114 2523435