Group HR Manager
Oxford International Education Group is a leading provider of university preparation, digital and language education programmes for international students.
Having entered a new phase of our evolution and recognising that people are at the heart of our success, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious HR Manager to the operational lead for a high quality and efficient Human Resources service. Working closely with the Group HR Director and other senior executives, the HR Manager will also contribute to the Group's People Strategy and play a full part in its delivery.
Key deliverables include:
- Design, manage and monitor operational HR systems and processes in line with the HR strategy.
- Advise and support line managers and staff on all HR matters including managing and advising on complex ER cases.
- Play an active role in strategic decision-making and provide advice and support to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Establish and implement a learning and development strategy that complements the Group’s values and commercial priorities.
- Develop the learning culture of the Group through engagement with managers and senior leaders.
- Lead the HR team in ensuring the recruitment processes work well and efficiently, which will include being involved in senior and general support interviews and safer recruitment interviewing.
- Help the Group to be as inclusive and diverse an employer as possible.
- Maintain trusting relationships with colleagues at all levels in the Group and promote a positive vision of HR to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that good HR records, electronic and manual, are maintained and processed in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.
- Review and update all HR-related policies and procedures, including handbooks, on an annual and cyclical basis to ensure they are legally compliant, appropriate and up to date.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience of HR management and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, along with strong interpersonal skills to present, influence and build relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Experience of delivering HR projects and initiatives and in particular L&D and performance management frameworks.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to work to deadlines, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to provide professional expertise and advice.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Oxford International its values and objectives.
OIEG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post holder’s responsibilities for safeguarding the welfare of the young students in their care are to adhere to the OIEG Child Protection Policy. All OIEG employees are subject to enhanced DBS check or overseas equivalent.