This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing luxury furniture making business (circa 55 employees) based near Wrexham, North Wales, where people are at the heart of the organisation.
The company which recently won the Queens Award Enterprise for Innovation and Exporting Excellence creates furniture for yachts, houses, and private aircraft worldwide.
Working amongst a highly creative and innovative team, the role will support and advise the management on HR strategy, with a key focus around learning and development and positive culture.
The role will encompass being responsible for the consistent and effective management of HR activities and ensuring that they are aligned to the vision, culture, and values.
This year the company will be launching its PhD skills training academy - this an opportunity for you to make a real difference by creating the next generation of skills and ensuring continued growth of the company.
Full time with opportunity to work at home 1 day week.
Salary £38,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
Generous pension, Health Shield benefit, and discretionary bonus
Enhanced holiday allowance with service.
Responsibilities are to include.
- Sole responsibility of Human Resources with assistance where needed from the administration and finance departments and use of our retained employment lawyers and PR consultant.
- Developing and leading the implementation of the HR strategy where work/life balance and flexible and digital working are increasingly important.
- Working with all stakeholders to agree learning and development.
- Facilitating the employee forum.
- Developing a remuneration process that recognises employee contribution and personal growth and managing annual salary increase proposals.
- Championing employee well-being, equality, and diversity.
- Supporting and developing the organisational structure and each line manager within it.
- Providing advice and guidance to team leaders, managers and the directors on HR topics, organisational effectiveness, capability, and engagement.
- Recruitment and induction including probationary and regular catch-up reviews with the existing team by team leaders and managers.
- Developing a recruitment plan through social engagement and corporate social responsibility and communicating this through our website, social media, and press.
- Maintaining the employee records database including, attendance, holiday, welfare, disciplinary, remuneration, meetings, reviews, and training note records.
- Leading and managing any disciplinary matters through investigation and fair process.
- Ensuring that the employee handbook and contracts of new and existing employees reflect current remuneration and benefits and are up-to date with changing legislation.
- Maintaining company medical travel insurance, Healthshield, cycle to work, pension membership and any other additional benefits with the help of finance.
- Liaising with finance team on matters related to payroll.
- Liaising with our retained employment lawyers on updates on employment laws or for additional guidance.
- Organizing in house and away day team building events and social activities.