Design & Delivery Manager
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC)’s mission is to serve the public interest by setting high standards of corporate governance, reporting and audit and holding to account those responsible for delivering them. We are [is] the UK Competent Authority for audit. We also set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work, and monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about our role can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The L&D function sits in the Human Resources Department which is part of the Corporate Services Division. The HR Department focuses on recruitment, talent development, learning and development, health and safety, wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and HR policy and process etc.
The role involves
• Promoting and embedding a culture of learning across the FRC
• Designing, delivering, and evaluating training courses, events and learning programmes for the FRC
• Positive and flexible mindset, is resilient, passionate about staff development and takes pride in their work
• Developing others to achieve exceptional business results
• Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to procure suppliers and put in place learning interventions that will help the FRC to develop and improve
• Developing policy and process that helps the organisation to embed a culture of learning and development
• Leading on corporate induction and overseeing the divisional induction process
• Managing the L&D budget ensuring value for money and return on investment
• Reviewing and developing the FRC learning curriculum ensuring that it is meeting business need and contributing towards FRC’s strategic objectives
• Working with learning technologies and embracing a range of blended learning solutions
The ideal candidates will have:
• Led learning initiatives during a period of organisational change
• Significant experience of delivering training events, courses, L&D programmes to a range of audiences across a wide and diverse range of topics e.g. leadership and management development, professional development, diversity and inclusion, staff development, change management etc.
• Exceptional facilitation skills and comfortable working with large groups
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Supported organisational change and development through their approach to L&D
• Excellent attention to detail and experience of managing L&D budgets
• Experience of working across teams, managing stakeholders, and delivering outcomes that has improved business performance, productivity, and employee engagement
• Has a natural style of communication and can flex their style to take account of different learning needs/styles/team environment.
Rewards and benefits
• The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
• Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
• Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
• The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
• The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices.
Please apply by following the link our website https://www.frc.org.uk/frc-for-you/careers and uploading a copy of your CV and covering letter. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset.
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK and
- tell us where you heard about this job