Human Resources Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly organised and dynamic HR Manager to join the Trust and deliver the HR function across the five schools and central support services teams.
In this exciting role as HR Manager, you will provide a comprehensive HR service across our schools. You will deliver high-quality professional advice and guidance to senior managers, advising on various topics, including workforce planning, performance management, recruitment and retention and dealing with difficult situations. You will line manage a small team of HR professionals, providing specialised support.
You will ensure the Trust has the data, policies and practices in place to provide an excellent level of service to all its schools. As HR Manager, you will also play an essential and active role alongside your HR colleagues to inform the design and delivery of our new People Plan. You will also lead on updating HR policies, contribute to broader project and policy initiatives, and continuously review and enhance the HR service. This role suits an individual who can deliver an HR service of the highest quality, an eye for detail, has initiative and strong leadership qualities to develop and improve the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SCR – Single Central Record compliance
- Advise the Executive Team on compliance and risk management issues.
- Ensure that the Trust complies with the requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Develop and maintain all HR related policies and procedures, systems and processes to reflect the Trust’s business aims and focus, underpinned by statutory compliance, best practice and added value.
- Ensure that Academy leaders and staff are fully aware of HR policies and procedures.
Leadership and Development of HR Team
- Act as the externally facing representative for HR for the Trust.
- Develop effective professional working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including colleagues, educational advisory boards, trustees, trade union representatives and external agents.
- Assume overall responsibility for staff contracts, employee relation cases such as grievances, disciplinary, performance management etc.
- Manage HR casework through deployment of HR resource within the Team.
- Lead and develop the HR team members and deploy them effectively to ensure that both they and the HR function deliver an efficient, effective and professional HR service to Academies.
- Oversee investigations and complex employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance.
Systems and Process
- Introduce and drive change management initiatives.
- Assume overall responsibility for the lifecycle of an employee’s journey from recruitment, onboarding to exit interviews.
- Develop and monitor staff recruitment, retention, reward, training and development policies and procedures, to assist in ensuring that they are cost effective and that the Trust secures competitive advantage.
- Ensure best practice in HR matters throughout the Trust.
- Reviewing and refining services to improve customer experience.
- Working with contemporary HR systems, including generating reports and management information to inform decision making.
- Ensure all HR procedures, policies and practices are developed in line with the Trust’s strategic objectives ensuring the Trust is an employer of choice.
- Formulate and implement the HR strategy and associated policies within the organisation working alongside executive and educational leaders.
- Advise in respect of and manage change, including workforce remodelling and organisational restructuring.
- Be able to produce data and reports showing analysing trends, diversity and potential risks.
- Contribute to the Trust’s emerging strategies in relation to recruitment and retention, succession planning and talent management, and learning and development.
- Maintain personal professional development to ensure that the knowledge and skills required to manage the HR function are up to date; strive to keep up to date with relevant case law and statutory changes, and the guidance and Codes published by the DfE, ESFA, ACAS, LGA, BIS and other professional authoritative sources.
- Be a professional role model and understand and promote the aims and values of the Trust.
- The post will be based at the Trust Head Office. The post holder must be willing to work and travel across the Trust schools when required.
- The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the statement of Conditions of Employment.
- This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed.
- This job description in not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at regular intervals, and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
- This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the particular duties as set out in the foregoing.
- This post is accountable to the CEO and will work with all Heads of Service and Headteachers to ensure effective delivery. Support will be provided by the Head of Operations and Community Support. The post holder will be required to maintain effective working relationships with staff and management within the Trust.
Person Specification: HR Manager
You will need to have a can-do attitude with strong project and people management skills. You will need to be committed to providing excellent customer service and to the aims and objectives of North Star Community Trust as a provider to the highest quality education to children in our area.
Please refer to our website for further details on qualifications and other required experience and skills using the link below:
Applications should consist of a CV and covering statement outlining key matching experience and rationale for applying for the post.
Applications should be sent to North Star Community Trust, HR Department:
email@example.com Tel 020 8804 4126 Closing date for applications is Tuesday 15 June 2021.
First-stage interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing Monday 21 June 2021.