Chart your own course and change the world — with the support of people whose interests are aligned with yours. At Burns & McDonnell, opportunity is waiting. We’re looking for people with big ideas and an entrepreneurial mindset. It’s those kinds of people who’ve helped us grow from a small consulting business back in 1898 to a global leader in engineering, construction and consulting solutions. Today, we’re a thriving company with 7,000 professionals working in 50+ offices worldwide and recognised as the global leader in Transmission & Distribution.
We’re growing our UK business and have exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated industry professionals to join us in our Birmingham office as we continue our journey to help make clients successful.
We currently have a specific opportunity for a Contract Talent Acquisition / HR Partner in our Birmingham, England or London, England office.
Duration: 12 month contract position
The Talent Acquisition / HR Partner teams with the Corporate Services Human Resources Department to deliver HR services in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes.
- Establish and maintain relationships between the Corporate Services Human Resources Department and subsidiary office management to facilitate the success of Burns & McDonnell's mission and goals.
- Partner with Corporate Services HR & Talent Acquisition Team to recruit top talent for the UK business unit as well as other global locations (Canada, Mexico).
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand specific position requirements, job responsibilities, and how they relate to business goals.
- Design, develop and execute sourcing strategies to identify the top talent. Generate and maintain a pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates through cold calling, networking, research, data mining, and the use of available resources.
- Initiate contact and develop relationships with potential leads and candidates.
- Conduct initial phone screen of potential candidates to evaluate and assess their interest level, qualifications, geographic preference, salary range, etc.
- Sell the Burns & McDonnell culture and benefits to engage and recruit top talent to the organization.
- Coordinate candidate interviews with management team and track candidate progress throughout recruitment process
- Coordinate new starter onboarding and induction.
- Partner with Corporate Services Human Resources team (as needed) to provide addiional support to various areas of human resources including recruitment, onboarding, leaves, policy development, and training
- Provide input and feedback that enhances the delivery of existing programmes.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Assist with special projects in human resources
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or a related degree is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in recruitment / talent acquisition is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in recruitment / talent acquisition in the engineering industry is preferred.
- Multi country recruitment experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting engineering or construction candidates in the UK is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly present complex information.