Organisational Development Officer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week agile working, 9 months fixed term contract – combination of Head Office + remote working
A fantastic opportunity to join our client at a time of significant transformation. The successful candidate will use their influence to shape evolving culture and talent aspirations. You’ll provide insight and data which will enable the business to constantly develop through identifying the skills, knowledge and competencies required to achieve the Corporate Plan and People Strategy, ensuring they are meeting the future needs of customers and business ambitions.
There’s more to them than bricks and mortar – they’re a force for good in the local area; helping to build healthy, strong, successful communities that will make this part of Manchester one of the best places to live, work and play. They’re looking for an individual who is passionate about Organisational Development, people development and talent management/development who will bring their expertise in how OD can support strategic business objectives. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying the current skills, knowledge and competencies and have the opportunity to shape the design and development of both current and future skills required within the Organisation;
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders you will contribute to the delivery of the skills framework that will “future proof” the group – ensuring that they have the capability and capacity to deliver the services required by tenants, residents and customers;
- Support the development of a revised competency framework, as part of the performance management approach;
- Provide business acumen, strong relationship building skills, the ability to identify, analyse and present skills frameworks to maximise the potential and improve capability of individuals, teams and the group;
- Utilize your knowledge of the sector challenges within a complex organization, to develop a robust diagnosis of current and future knowledge and skills required, to ensure our client continues to provide the high quality and customer focused services they are proud of.
This is a new role being created within the HR team, and signals an investment by the company of the importance of understanding where they are as a business now and where they want to be, and aligns the knowledge and skills required for that successful journey. Reporting to the L&D Business Partner; you will join them at an exciting time as they deliver on their ambitions of the Corporate Plan 2020 – 2022; and embark on a new People Strategy with a focus on developing a more flexible, collaborative, and empowered workforce.
A little bit about the company:
They are one of the largest registered housing providers in Greater Manchester – uniquely positioned within Wythenshawe’s ‘Garden City’. They are responsible for nearly 14,000 properties providing homes to 20,000 people. Their purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to our tenants and leaseholders and to play a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities. Ensuring they can continue to deliver on their purpose requires them to be financially resilient and to operate on the principle of having a business head and a social heart – maximising resources so they can invest for current and future times. They are an inclusive employer where differences are recognised as strengths in delivering their purpose. Investment is key to enabling staff teams to feel empowered and trusted to deliver their best work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to press the re-set button on where the company is now and where they want to be in terms of understanding current and future skills, knowledge and competency. The difference you could make could be hugely rewarding… but more than that, with every job role comes a competitive salary, great pension scheme, annual leave, agile working, an employee assistance and health care plan including staff benefits, professional membership, and excellent ongoing learning opportunities.