Role: Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Department: People and Organisational Development
Location: Nunnery Square, Sheffield
Salary: Band G (£42,783 - £47,058)
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
You will provide both strategic and tactical leadership, support, advocacy and vision to the force to acquire talent that is in line with South Yorkshire Police’s (SYP) strategic direction and core values. You will be an engaged partner within the People & Organisational Development (P&OD) department and with key stakeholders across SYP, serving as a thought leader to ensure SYP is able to develop talent pipeline strategies and build capability to effectively attract, recruit and select candidates for key functions.
You will use relevant workforce planning data to identify appropriate sourcing approaches, optimising digital tools to tap into diverse candidate pools, both actively and passive. Where needed, you will develop and provide expert advice on the best resourcing channels and market trends, advising business leaders on best practice in the recruitment and selection process.
You will create remuneration and benefits packages aligned to current and future needs, understanding market conditions that will attract, motivate and retain. You will additionally contribute to the financial and strategic planning in relation to apprenticeships. You will provide strong leadership to motivate, coach and support the team to deliver all key people policies, practices, systems and services, a keen focus on continual improvement, particularly in relation the customer journey.
- Develop an SYP Reward Strategy, encouraging a total reward approach.
- Promote a holistic approach to resourcing, which underpins delivery of the force’s workforce strategy, the national resourcing uplift and our plan on a page.
- Lead and execute bespoke strategic recruiting initiatives to drive increased client satisfaction, while providing overall strategic leadership, direction and management.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement a talent pipeline strategy, including police officer promotions and career pathways, that ensures current and future talent needs are being met (early in career, diversity, skills shortages etc.).
- Ensure consistency in the approach to communicating our Employment Value Proposition, leveraging brand, and providing a consistent "candidate experience" for talent at all levels.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of resourcing and recruitment activity to provide workforce metrics and qualitative data to improve performance and minimise adverse impact.
- Oversee organisational design within the team, optimising work processes, ensuring right values and improved productivity supporting sustainability of structures.
- Stay informed of trends/changes in employment legislation and innovative recruiting techniques in order to deliver competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- Deliver diversity and inclusion approaches which create shared purpose across the organisation. Monitoring and reporting requirements, with a particular focus on inclusion and career progression.
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners and key stakeholders to develop recruiting targets for specific business areas and gather insight about rising themes and issues and identify appropriate solutions.
- Comprehend and translate SYP strategic objectives into the recruitment strategy for the force, identifying key external influencers and enablers.
- Provide trusted, strategic advice and guidance to senior leadership teams, and other key stakeholders to support them in their planning and decision-making.
- Lead, develop and motivate, both within P&OD/ Strategic Resourcing and across the organisation, showing passion, energy and commitment, creating strong engagement with P&OD’s priorities and with Force values and behaviours.
- Be a visible role model, consistently demonstrate professional principles and personal integrity.
- Set performance objectives, holding staff accountable and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary to ensure the delivery of SR priorities.
- Strategic approach to planning SYP-wide resourcing activities.
Undertake any other work as directed including working at other locations.
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the Talent Acquisition Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Delyth Muhl (Head of Strategic Resourcing) on 01142197035 or Delyth.Muhl@southyorks.pnn.police.uk . Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcome applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please submit your Covering Letter and CV to Recruiting@southyorks.pnn.police.uk before the closing date. Please ensure you include the name of the role and the closing date in the subject field of your email.