Salford Primary Care Together is seeking an experienced and motivated HR Advisor to join its HR team to cover a period of maternity leave. In this busy and varied role you will form an integral part of the HR function, as we strive to achieve a consistent and efficient approach to providing the company and our employees the best possible HR service.
The HR function provides support across multiple sites and business units, and support processes associated with organisational change projects led by the HR Manager, something you will play a most important role in.
The HR Advisor will make a key contribution to delivering effective, constructive and compliant advisory services to our internal customers. This is a busy team, responsible for providing information, advice and support on all employee related matters, to managers and employees at all levels across the company.
We are looking for someone with experience within a HR environment and passion for innovation and change implementation to support the company as it grows and evolves; preferably with CIPD level 5 qualification (or working towards).
On a day to day basis you will be supporting managers to deal with issues such as sickness absence, discipline, grievance and other employee relations matters. You will also be providing advice and information on local policies and procedures, and agreed terms and conditions of service. A strong knowledge of interpreting and applying HR related policies and employment law is therefore essential.
You should be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who will effectively contribute to the delivery and support of high level and proactive HR service to Salford Primary Care Together. An assertive and confident individual, you will need to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills, being able to cope with change and remain focused on achieving results, often alongside conflicting priorities and demands.
The successful candidate will also be required to comply with ongoing social distancing and infection control measures in line with the response to COVID-19.
For an informal discussion regarding the vacancy please contact:
The purpose of the Human Resources department is to provide a professional, high quality HR service to the managers and staff of SPCT. This includes:
- Creating and implementing the HR strategy that will complement SPCT’s strategic objectives.
- Ensuring SPCT has effective, efficient and legally compliant people processes, policies, procedures & systems in place.
- Providing timely and accurate advice and information on people related matters, being aware at all times of relevant employment law as well as best practice.
- Enabling us to get the best performance out of our people, our key asset.
Scope of Role
Working closely with managers across the organisation, the HR Advisor will ensure that line managers understand and implement HR policies and procedures by providing advice and up to date workforce information across the full employee lifecycle.
The HR Advisor will deliver proactive, effective constructive and compliant advisory and transactional services; in order to influence and support the implementation of HR policies and promote best practice. The HR Advisor will ensure that policy and legislation is adhered to, exercising discretion as appropriate.
Process Policy and Procedure:
- Contributing to the development and introduction of new & revised People strategies, associated processes & policies
- Coaching, advising & supporting managers to implement HR policies when required
- Monitoring and maintaining adherence to internal policies, procedures and legislation, exercising discretion as appropriate using an impact vs. risk approach
- Supporting the HR Manager to deliver and implement transformational change projects from a HR perspective
- Identifying employee health & wellbeing issues, taking proactive action with managers to resolve
Advisory and Transactional Services
- Delivering a professional, proactive & efficient HR administrative and transactional service,
- Delivering advisory and transactional services responsively in order to meet expectations and appropriate organisational deadlines, particularly the recruitment processes and administration
- Providing 'hands on' HR expertise to resolve complex HR cases; effectively managing employee relations queries and caseload to speedy resolution.
- Proactively coaching, supporting and advising managers to resolve discipline, grievance, attendance & performance issues
- Business partnering/relationship building using skills
- Implementing effective onboarding, in line with internally agreed service levels
Workforce Administration, Information Reporting
- Scheduling regular meetings with key internal contacts to discuss workforce data and issues, proactively planning strategies for required outcomes
- Inputting accurate data in to the workforce information system, as required. Using numerousy skills to ensure accurate calculations/awareness of budgetary element also required in order to deliver a cost effective workforce planning.
- Developing and promoting a high performing culture as an influential member of the HR team.
- Reinforcing and demonstrating professional standards and behaviours
- Challenging & managing any inappropriate or unprofessional conduct efficiently and effectively, across the organisation.
For help with your application, please contact: