Head of Reward, Recognition & Benefits
We are looking to appoint a Reward, Recognition and Benefits expert to provide us with the leadership and expertise in the area of Total rewards. This role will report into the Head of People and will be critical to the delivery of the new People Strategy. It is an incredibly exciting time to be part of the People Team, with new investment in the team and in a new HR Payroll system coming in towards the end of 2022.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress into a leadership role in the reward space.
We need someone to drive change in culture and behaviour around our pay and grading approach and someone who is willing to challenge what we do today and how we can do things differently.
The role can be based from our London site or our Boston Spa site (near Leeds/ York).
Whilst we are all working remotely now, once it is safe to do so, we will be working a more hybrid model with a few days in the office a week to ensure team collaboration and to support mental health.
What you’ll be doing
- Partnering with the People Team and the Head of People to implement projects identified as part of our overarching people Strategy.
- Work with Head of people to develop and implement a Reward and Recognition Strategy
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise support restructures, job sizing/ benchmarking scenarios whilst providing ongoing upskilling to our leaders and people team
- Strategising as well as implementing and coordinating the business as usual activities in the reward area.
- Provide expert advice to the leadership and annual remuneration processes ensuring the processes are fair and equitable and in line with the reward strategy
- Establish pay and grading frameworks to support our organisation
- Provide input to trade union relationships to foster effective working relationships and enable appropriate changes to policies
Support the operation of Reward Committees and annual performance review and bonus allocation processes
- Two direct reports
What we’re looking for:
- The successful candidate will have people management experience
- Up to date knowledge of benefits legislation.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of Reward and Recognition including Pensions
- Experience of participating in pay negotiations and in delivering annual Pay remits.
- Experience of delivering projects relating to Reward and Recognition.
- Excellent numeracy skills coupled with a systematic and logical approach
- Business partner approach to Reward
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Someone data driven and with experience in producing and presenting data and reporting for a senior audience.
If this sounds like you, join the People Team on this exciting journey and help us drive change in what and how we do things in HR!
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future and make it available to all for research, inspiration and enjoyment. At present we have well over 170 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We make our collections and programmes available to all. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future by anyone, anywhere.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits. Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes a minimum of 26.6% (this may be higher dependent on grade. Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.bl.uk/careers quoting vacancy ref: OPS03676
Closing Date: 4th July 2021
Interview Date: w/c 12th July 2021
We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy