Trustee at Christ Church CofE Multi Academy Trust
- Part Time / Job share
Christ Church CE MAT in Bury seeks two non-executive directors/trustees possessing Strategic Leadership skills alongside one or more of: Corporate Governance, Finance, HR, Estates Management, Health and Safety or Risk Management, to join its board. Board meetings are held at Christ Church CE Primary School, Bury when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
A three-school academy trust based in Bury, Greater Manchester, Christ Church CE MAT is a primary-phase provider with 780 pupils at its sites across the Bury area. It seeks two non-executives/trustees to join its board, possessing skills in one or more of the following areas: Corporate Governance, Finance, HR, Strategic Leadership, Estates, Health and Safety or Risk Management. Board meetings are held in Bury when safe to do so, however all meetings are held virtually for the foreseeable future. Applicants of all faiths or of none, are welcomed.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Strategic Leadership AND
- Corporate Governance OR
- Finance OR
- HR OR
- Estates Management OR
- Health and Safety OR
- Risk management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Setting in place a recovery curriculum that assists the children in making up for the time spent away from school as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and ensuring that the trust's sponsored schools can demonstrate improvement and a positive impact on the education of the children;
- Growing the trust to ensure that it achieves even greater financial efficiencies through economies of scale;
- Developing the central team in line with trust's growth strategy to meet the needs of all schools.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoLa/44aUOFplO9.bJp41KOAFyG9QYGX.3tgZLerJsRcC2cg
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.