Trustee at Sidney Stringer Multi Academy Trust
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Coventry? Sidney Stringer Multi Academy Trust seeks a new non-executive director/trustee to join its board. Board meetings are held at CV1 5LY when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Sidney Stringer Multi Academy Trust in Coventry seeks a new non-executive director with experience in Legal, HR or Branding/Marketing to join its board.
The trust was established in 2015 and consists of five schools, led by the Sidney Stringer Academy which sponsored Ernesford Grange Community Academy and Radford Primary Academy following poor Ofsted outcomes. The trust has a strong and committed board of directors that holds all five schools robustly to account.
The trust works in areas of high deprivation and is focused on raising standards across all five schools. An understanding or experience of SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) would be welcomed.
The board seeks a business leader with board level experience in
- human resources or
- legal/compliance or
- branding and marketing
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Standards: Through excellent leadership, the trust wishes to ensure that standards at all the schools remain, or continue, to improve;
- Covid-19: The trust aims to continue to respond decisively and effectively to the ever changing Covid-19 guidance for schools;
- Finance: The trust aims to maximise financial opportunities that it can use to better provide for its students.
Long term plans:
- Trust growth and expansion;
- Planning effectively for all schools as they expand, in terms of building projects, staffing and effective in school provision;
- Review the Model of Governance;
- Secure high quality leadership at all levels.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoOF/Qpty8rVo05Bf6wZepQRNdugMrRRxHVDYXRcpxzNTJJM
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.