Senior Employee Relations Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
The post holder will be required to deputise for the Group Head of Employee Relations and line manage ER teams assigned to Care Groups / and / or sites.
The role will support the Head of Employee Relations in the delivery of the Group Advisory Service to three Acute Hospitals , providing a highly specialised, quality resource for all staff groups, facilitating and enabling good employee relations by advising managers and staff on best ER practice in compliance with good employment practice, employment legislation and standards.
The role will be to oversee, support and as necessary, undertake strong ER interventions, casework investigations and projects in a range of highly complex, sensitive or contentious employment matters. This will cover a full range of staff groups including both medical and non-medical staff.
To provide strategic ER support to Care Groups and Divisions regarding employee relations matters and to ensure the provision of advice to all managers regarding all aspects of employment policy and procedure for all categories of staff, as well as associated employment issues.
To ensure strategic ER projects, including those relating to workforce redesign, are managed sensitively and in line with best practice, relevant employment legislation and Trust policies to avoid employee relations challenges.
To educate managers in good employment practice, responding to development needs by supplying training where required; ensure managers are equipped to carry out staff management responsibilities effectively, particularly in the areas of performance, absence and conduct management.
To support and deputise for the Group Head of Employee Relations on meeting the Trust’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for cases in formal proceedings.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret, analyse and provide advice on highly complex strategic ER interventions with particular regard to effective and timely resolution of issues, often involving complex, contentious and sensitive issues requiring tact and diplomacy.
- Deploy appropriate ER interventions on techniques in relation to coursework, ensuring ER issues are resolved effectively.
- Conduct investigative meetings, which can be contentious and emotive, in a sensitive and professional manner.
- To liaise with line managers/service in respect of disciplinary, grievance and bullying and harassment matters to ensure that cases are undertaken quickly and in line with employment legislation, policy and best practice.
- To liaise closely with staff side where appropriate to bring cases to conclusion quickly whilst ensuring standards are upheld.
- To support and advise managers in presenting cases at all stages of the procedures, e.g. at Disciplinary hearings and appeals.
- To maintain close liaison with the Trust’s Occupational Health (OH) department and work with line managers to ensure any delays or issues with sickness absence aligned to cases are raised and actions are put in place to rectify problems in a timely manner.
- To identify themes and trends in absence data and liaise with the OH service in relation to appropriate interventions and further absence prevention measures.
- Support Group Head of ER with the preparation of employment tribunal cases, including preparation of bundles, drafting initial responses/witness statements, preparing witnesses etc.
- Ensure relevant managers and stakeholders are kept abreast of progress with cases.
- Support managers through the provision of advice in relation to undertaking investigations into employment matters which will require the post holder to use their judgement; lead specific investigations on complex cases as directed.
- Utilise highly specialist knowledge of one or more HR topics to critically analyse investigation findings and produce factual, well-written management reports for consideration by senior management.
- Assess and recommend courses of action on complex, specialist HR issues including interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- To advise on employment legislation, terms and conditions of employment and all areas of Trust HR policy and guidance on issues those which are frequently complex and sensitive both orally and in writing to managers.
Apply for Senior Employee Relations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly