Talent Acquisition & HR Administrator
Job: Talent Acquisition & HR Administrator
Location: SAMS Oban
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 12 months (maternity cover)
Salary: up to £26k per annum
Working Pattern: Full Time – blended work pattern of working from home/on site.
The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is Scotland’s largest and oldest independent marine science organisation, delivering marine science for a productive and sustainably managed marine environment through innovative research, education and engagement with society.
The ideal candidate
Someone who has just completed their CIPD level 3 qualification in HR Practice or an HR administrator looking to increase their knowledge base and gain further work experience. You will have experience of recruitment and general HR admin, provide excellent customer service and communication skills and be able to work in a small team environment. You will also be conversant with Microsoft applications.
The role dynamic
Working to, and supported by, the HR Operations lead, you will provide full HR administration support including the following functions, although the main role will encompass recruitment, induction and probation (60%):
• Recruitment – advertising and sourcing new talent, collating applications and organising sift and interview meetings. You will play an active role as an interview panel member and make offers of employment and draft contracts of employment.
• Recruitment - Right to work checks – you will maintain a compliance register of right to work checks for EU Settlement Scheme and SAMS sponsor licence.
• Inductions – you will organise and conduct all staff inductions for new recruits and manage the probation process.
• HR records – you will manage the day-to-day upkeep of staff records on our HR Database – Ciphr – and run reports as required by management.
• Leave – you will manage the annual leave records and calculations for staff. You may also assist with other leave type requests.
• Employee benefits - Provide support to employee benefits scheme – childcare vouchers, additional holidays, cycle to work, payroll giving, technology purchases.
• Raising HR purchase orders, processing invoices and maintaining HR stationery stocks.
Interested? We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you might have before progressing through the application process. Please feel free to contact Karen.Campbell@sams.ac.uk with your questions.
For further information and to apply by covering letter and CV for this position online, go to: www.sams.ac.uk. Alternatively, please send a CV and cover letter to: Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & HR Administrator, (Job Ref. D12/21.KC), the Scottish Association for Marine Science, Oban, Argyll, PA37 1QA or e-mail email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th July 2021
Interviews will be held 18th August 2021
SAMS is a registered Scottish charity (SC 009206), has an equal opportunities policy and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.