At Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice we care for children and young adults with life-shortening and life-threatening conditions. We are currently supporting around 300 families both in our hospice and in family homes.
Our support services are wide ranging and bespoke to each family including end of life treatment and care, respite short breaks, counselling, sibling support groups, music therapy, home visits and much much more. It costs more than £4m to keep our doors open for families across South Yorkshire and beyond. We receive around 10% of our funding from government sources.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly, supportive and qualified HR team as a HR Advisor, working in a life-changing charity which provides outstanding care for local families.
This role will be varied, challenging and interesting. It is ideal for someone with a comprehensive level of HR knowledge and experience, who is passionate about delivering a professional and progressive service to our current and potential workforce (both paid staff and volunteers) - who are instrumental to our success.
Key responsibilities of the HR Advisor
- Assist the Director of People and Operations and HR Manager, who are responsible for providing an effective HR service to the hospice
- Support managers in making values-based decisions on case management such as disciplinary, grievance and sickness management
- Lead in the recruitment of paid staff
- Develop and update policies and processes
- Contribute to the delivery of an engaging culture that supports an outstanding employee and volunteer experience
As a successful HR Advisor, you will be able to quickly develop positive and trustworthy relationships with people and enjoy collaborating with others. You’ll be a confident and credible communicator with a positive attitude. You will also be resilient and solution-focussed, with the ability to make reasoned decisions.
You will have experience of managing a varied caseload of conduct, absence, capability and grievances and be qualified to a minimum of level 5 or have the equivalent experience.
You will have experience of supporting and coaching managers with prompt and effective advice on employment relations and management issues. You should also be committed to your own continuous personal and professional development.
In return, we can offer you a fantastic working environment and the following benefits:
- 33 days’ annual leave with the option to buy and sell
- Sick pay
- Health Care Cash Back Scheme
- Free counselling sessions
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Enhanced parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Training & Development
- Investment in your wellbeing
- Volunteering & shadowing days
- Free parking on main site
- Free drinks and subsidised meals
- Time off in lieu
At Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice we value everyone who works with us, embrace individual differences and recognise that great things happen when we work together.
How to apply:
For informal enquiries please contact Lisa Tansley, our HR Manager, on 01909 517 360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to download an application form, please visit our website:
Please note that only Bluebell Wood application forms will be accepted for this post.