We are looking for a candidate with excellent communications and management skills to perform this key role in the External Affairs team of the Communications Directorate (part of the CE and COO office). Working as part of a small team, the Freedom of Information and Parliamentary Business team, the postholder will have an important role in delivering a vital part of NHS England and Improvement’s Parliamentary and public accountability function.
The postholder will:
- Have an excellent knowledge of the FOI Act;
- Contribute to all aspects of casework relating to FOIs, Internal Reviews and ICO cases
- Work closely with FOI Case Officers; providing advice and support with case work as necessary.
- Help manage the system for dealing with FOI casework and appeal mechanisms associated with that casework
- Work closely with the other FOI Advisors and Parliamentary Business and FOI Manager to tackle the increased caseload that has been generated because of the pandemic
- Work with other NHS England and Improvement teams including Legal and Inquiry teams.
- Be an advocate for FOI throughout the organisation.
- Be a leader within the team, especially around the delivery of FOI
The post is Leeds, London or regionally-based; occasional travel will be expected when allowed.
Apply for FOI Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly