Diversity and Inclusion Lead
Diversity and Inclusion Lead
A growth and regeneration group with a strong social purpose, our client works in partnership with Liverpool City Region and the North West to improve lives and create thriving, vibrant communities through support, investment, development and regeneration.
They own and manage around 40,000 homes in Warrington, St Helens, Liverpool and beyond, making them the region’s largest affordable housing provider.
Profits generated by group members; their Developments and HMS are reinvested into their charitable arm; their Foundation, a community anchor institution, to fund projects that build social capital and fulfil their mission of ‘growing stronger communities’.
They are currently seeking a Diversity and Inclusion Lead to join their team. The main purpose of this role is to work as part of the Organisational Development team to take the lead in reviewing, developing and implementing their Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
This is an important role in which you will:
- Develop, implement and deliver their workforce Diversity and inclusion strategy across the group
- Research and advice on diversity and inclusion issues, creating programmes, training and initiatives
- Review their workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring that they are all supportive of a truly inclusive culture
- Support and guide the OD team to help create a brand that appeals to diverse applicants and removes any form of bias
- Develop and design diversity and inclusion programmes and initiatives
- Develop cultural competency through training, staff stories and discussion sessions
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience of developing, managing and delivering Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Have experience of working with senior management within the specialist area of D&I including experience of designing, delivering and evaluating effective D&I activities
- Have a proven ability to consult, advise and influence leaders on D&I initiatives
- Have an in depth knowledge of best practice that supports Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Have experience in benchmarking and research analysis
- Have experience of leveraging partnerships and actively engaging with key stakeholders and decision makers at all levels to drive culture change and enhance brand reputation
Our client’s people share qualities we value highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within their team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing for their customers at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure we achieve their aims. If you can share their way of working, you’ll enjoy working with them.
In return, they offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills – along with a package of benefits that shows how much they value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.
If you are successful at the shortlisting stage and are invited to interview, they will request that you bring along copies of all qualifications and certificates that are essential for the role