Coventry College is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to take on the role of Director of Human resources to form part of the new and developing management team.
This post is a key role in an organisation that is central to the education community within the city for both adults and young people.
There is a clear vision for the College and the role of human resources is essential to our development as a recognised provider of high quality education within the FE sector.
With a sound knowledge of human resource practices, employment law and management of individuals and teams, the successful candidate is, therefore, likely to be a qualified practitioner currently working within the field in an education setting or a commercial business in a similar role.
Develop, lead and implement a Human Resources Strategy that enables Coventry College to realise its vision and objectives.
Further develop, refine and implement comprehensive policies to recruit, retain, engage, develop and reward high performing staff within a high support/high challenge culture.
With support from the Senior Leadership Team, (SLT) Lead on negotiations and consultation with the College's recognised unions, ensuring that the College has in place appropriate terms and conditions and other employment arrangements.
Work with the SLT and Governors to propose and implement change management strategies and initiatives that meet the College's priorities and objectives, including budget and financial plans.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of the wider Core Planning Management Team, the Director of HR will contribute directly to the overall operational and strategic leadership of Coventry College.
- Lead the development and delivery of an HR strategy to achieve the College's strategic plan and Annual Delivery Plan priorities in accordance with its vision and values.
- Further develop, refine and secure support for a comprehensive range of employment and HR policies that enables the most effective contribution of staff to the success of the College.
- Provide a customer focussed advisory and support service across the College on a wide range of employment and HR matters; regularly monitor and review the timely delivery and effectiveness of the service.
- Working with the SLT, lead the development and embedding of a culture, ethos, values and behaviours which support the success of a College and enable achievement of the College's vision and strategy.
- Lead change and organisational development in the College, consulting with staff, unions and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead on negotiation and consultation with the recognised unions on terms and conditions, and other employee matters, developing and maintaining effective and stable relationships that enable continuing change to take place in a positive and collaborative environment. To include the management of redundancy and compromise situations.
- With the SLT, develop, negotiate and implement pay, reward, and recognition and benefit policies that enable the College to motivate, recruit and retain staff.
- Working with Curriculum, Quality and others, lead staff training and development to ensure the College has the skills, knowledge and capabilities to achieve its strategic objectives; assess training and development needs at individual, departmental and whole college level, and provide effective, high quality training solutions and interventions and the monitoring of appraisal performance.
- Lead and advise on training and development for leaders and managers in the College to ensure that the College has the leadership skills to meet the strategic challenges ahead; enable succession planning to identify and develop talent to fill future leadership vacancies.
- Further develop, refine and implement policies, processes and other arrangements which enhance the health and wellbeing of staff.
- Lead on promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion to staff, ensuring compliance with equality legislation and display an active commitment to the need to ensure equality of opportunity and the benefits of diversity.
- Develop and maintain key networks with HR professionals outside the College, particularly in other FE colleges, enabling and contributing to improvement and enhancement of HR services, policy and practice.
- Provide Governors, SLT and managers with information and data which reports on key performance indicators, informs planning, measures the impact of action to achieve priorities and objectives, and enables the College's staff resources to be managed effectively.
- Develop, manage and use HR information systems and HR data to enable the College to address key strategic and operational priorities and objectives.
- Effectively Link with finance to ensure effective reporting tools re utilisation/KPIs etc.
- Advise the Corporation, SLT and managers on employment law and regulation, ensuring that that the College complies with legislation and developing case law.
- Ensure there is a robust recruitment and retention process for staff (Induction/probation)
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives and negotiating annual contracts for Agency Staff Recruitment/Advertising agencies.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism
- Manage TUPE situations and counsel senior management on appropriate practice.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups, working within the framework of the College’s Safeguarding Policy at all times.
- Ensure the economic and effective use and allocation of resources.
- Ensure the College’s equality policies are encompassed within all aspects of work.
- Take responsibility for health and safety issues in all areas of specific responsibility.
- Participate in relevant training and development as required.
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal Scheme.
- Actively support the ethos and values of the College, and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade range of the post.
Apply for HR Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly