4 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
Salary £32,939 - £34,979 per annum plus excellent benefits
Location Walsall, West Midlands
Contract: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 28 July 2021
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join their People Services team. In this role, you will provide generalist HR advice to managers and colleagues, ensuring that employee relations issues are handled effectively and sensitively.
Main job responsibilities:
- Provide professional and pragmatic advice to managers and colleagues in relation to employment relations issues and other people related activities.
- Manage a range of employment relations cases to satisfactory conclusion, ensuring compliance with relevant employment legislation, policies, procedures and timescales.
- Advise and support managers to effectively manage sickness absence in line with policy and operational KPIs.
- Analyse sickness and other casework data to determine trends and proactively recommend and undertake improvement activities.
- Coach and empower line managers to deliver a sustained improvement in the management of employment relations issues with a focus on informal and early resolution.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners, L&D Advisors and the wider People Services team to support organisational initiatives and provide feedback on relevant developments.
They're looking for someone who has:
- Experience of managing complex employee relations cases (including disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, capability and sickness) to successful completion, up to and including dismissal.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and case law.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels.
- Experience of analysing and interrogating information, comfortable with using a range of HR systems and MS Office.
- The ability to manage a varied case load from end to end often with limited supervision.
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5 or qualified by significant experience.
What’s in it for you?
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, 27 days annual leave (plus Christmas shut down), a defined benefit pension scheme, health cash plan, a range of shopping and leisure discounts.
Our client are output focused and flexible and believe in giving colleagues the right balance of autonomy and support to enable them to work to their full potential. Despite the high expectation for performance and delivery, they are committed to ensuring colleagues have a healthy work-life balance and able to work in agile ways which support them.
About our client
They are one of the Midlands’ leading and most successful providers of good quality homes.
Their values help them to maintain a culture that helps them achieve their commitment of supporting customers to lead happy and fulfilled lives. They want all of their people to uphold their ambition; demonstrating the belief, enthusiasm and energy to deliver on it.
They want their colleagues to feel empowered to take the lead and to think creatively and be passionate about their work. Their People Strategy presents a clear picture of how they will achieve their Corporate Plan aim, ‘Be an exceptional place to work that attracts, develops and retains talent’. Through the People Strategy they take every opportunity to embed their values to ensure that their colleagues give the best possible service to their customers, communities and each other.