Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent not for profit theatre in the south of the UK and we present a wide range of shows including large scale musicals, opera and dance.
MAST Mayflower Studios opened in May 2021 as a multi art form performance, participation space and a creative hub with the aim to engage with partners who are committed to developing the potential of the creative community in Southampton, giving opportunities for all and helping achieve Southampton’s aspiration to be City of Culture in 2025.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our busy and friendly HR team as well as being part of the overall Leadership team for the theatre.
- Manage the HR team on a day to day basis
- Provide support and advice to all staff on a wide range of HR topics and issues, including recruitment, training and development, employee relations.
- Deputise for Head of HR in their absence
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of the HR department’s business objectives.
- Be a proactive member of the Leadership team.
- Represent the organisation at a city and national level at appropriate forums
Ideally you will have:
- Senior experience in working in a proactive HR department
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Good understanding of employment law
- Experience of managing large volumes of recruitment
- An awareness of diversity and inclusion issues, trends and legislation, and a pro-active approach to keeping up-to-date with best practice
- Experience of inspiring, informing, supporting and challenging a range of colleagues, enabling them to increase knowledge and skills
- Experience in designing company policies like anti-discrimination and equal employer opportunity
- Change and project management skills
- High level of self-awareness, empathy, integrity and confidentiality
- An organised and methodical approach to planning and organising workload
- Experience as a coach, trainer, mentor
- Experience delivering business-wide initiatives
Salary: to £35,000 pa plus benefits, 37.5 hours per week, some evening and weekend working will be required. First interviews - 4 August and second interviews 11 August at Mayflower Theatre
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/ or https://www.mayflowerstudios.org.uk/about-us/careers
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team. If you are interested and would like to apply please go to https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/mayflowertheatre/
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates, therefore if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
We are able to offer application forms and other documentation in large text and dyslexia friendly text. We are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual; we value all our employees and customers. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met. We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion and so welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Closing date: 1 August 2021