Organisational Development Consultant
Join us and change lives
These are exciting times at the OU for change and transformation across all aspects of the organisation. Under the leadership of one of the UK’s foremost Transition Directors, the OU is building a world class Organisational Development capability.
The Open University (OU) is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence, transforming lives through education.
You will join a team of super experienced professionals, rolling out exciting and inspirational change. This long-term project will give you a fantastic experience and showcase your achievements for your future career.
This role reports to our Organisational Development Lead in the Associate Lecturer Integration Programme who is a hugely skilled, inspiring and experienced leader. The support you will receive, coupled with the freedom to perform, forms a truly enticing value proposition. There is no denying the scale of the challenge, but that what makes it so exciting.
Skills and experience
This role will suit you if you:
- Have experience of successful strategic change initiatives in diverse organisational settings, ideally in HE but open to all sectors.
- Have been part of in-house consulting teams of mixed experience
- Have a strong operational management background in a people focussed, centralised service.
- Enjoy deploying consulting resources to deliver strategic outcomes for your organisation.
- Have the “lived experience” of leading change, reflecting on successes and lessons learned
- Enjoy using your personal expertise in improvement methodologies to build capability in others
- Are strongly people-centric, highly emotionally intelligent, self-confident and bring a collaborative style.
What you get in return
The reward for joining the team is not just a very strong executive package, but the chance to build and strengthen your network in the Org. Dev space and lay the foundations of career enhancing achievement.
We offer a great range of benefits that support our employees and their families for the long term, including 33 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure days, an attractive pension proposition and free parking on campus.
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please click the "Apply" link above where you will be directed to the Open University vacancies webpage.
We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.