Head of HR
Trivandi is a global leader in the delivery and operation of major events and venues. Our Mission is to raise the bar in the design, delivery and operation of every project we work on, in the events, venues & infrastructure sector, and to be a great company to work for, where our staff love what they do.
We do this by:
- Leading the way, providing a clear path for our clients to navigate complex programmes, providing world class advice and direction on world class projects;
- Know how, sharing knowledge from our unique track record to take projects to the next level, ensuring a personal and tailored approach to each assignment;
- Problem solving, we thrive on bringing solutions to complex challenges, drawing on the experience of our team who advise at both strategic level and the implementation;
- Making a difference and leaving a legacy, by training local staff and leaving capability for clients to continue to deliver after we have completed our assignment; and
- Investing in our people, by supporting and training our staff, providing them a working environment and support network so they can succeed and love what they do.
In the last 8 years, Trivandi has signed over 100 contracts to deliver highly prestigious events, venues and infrastructure projects in 22 countries around the world. Trivandi is headquartered in London UK (Trivandi Ltd) with regional offices in Dubai (Trivandi DMCC) and Qatar (Trivandi LLC). The Dubai and Qatar office is referred to as the MENA Region.
Trivandi have worked on events such as Olympic Games, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games, FIFA World Cup, World Expos, as well as venues including the Eden Project, QPR FC, Aston Villa FC, Twickenham (RFU), Urban Adventure, Brentford FC, the London Olympic Park and London Stadium.
We are an ambitious company which draws on the combined skills of the senior leadership team that successfully delivered and operated the venues for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
We currently have 45 FTE and Contracted staff working on our assignments and this will grow to over 65 by the end of the year. The role of the Head of HR is at an Associate Director level and will lead Trivandi’s HR function, supporting us to reach ambitious recruitment targets, leading the management of our staff and contractors.
You will be based in our London Head Office working to establish and develop the Trivandi brand. Trivandi will be based at 60 Cannon Street, London from 1st August 2021. From time to time you may need to travel to our international offices. Trivandi is very focused on staff wellbeing and flexible ways of working. Our staff have voted to work 2 to 3 days a week in the office post-pandemic, so we can meet each other and keep a good team spirit through face to face contact. We support remote working from home and flexible hours.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and driven and dynamic individual who is committed to help us continue to develop a world class business. You will have the capability to take us to new levels in high-quality recruitment, human resource management and service delivery to our clients. The role offers opportunities to design the HR function and build the team with promotion prospects to Director/Chief People Officer as the business grows.
To come on this journey with us, you will have a great sense of humour, be incredibly resourceful and creative, and relish a challenge. If this is you, we will support your development with training and opportunities to shine.
You will bring energy and enthusiasm to support Trivandi with the backing of the senior leadership in Trivandi and be coached and mentored by the CEO.
In summary the role requires:
- Delivering Recruitment and HR services
- Placing staff, contractor and workforce contracts
- Managing staff performance reviews
- Leading on staff induction and policies
- Leading on staff well-being
- Leading on staff training packages
- Supporting on workforce planning for projects including shift plans
- Developing systems to enable staff and contractor retention
- Supporting the development of Trivandi’s growth plans
- Contribute to the team environment through staff engagement
Recruitment: Implement recruitment strategies to source the best internal, contract and workforce staff, working with recruitment consultants. Lead on maintaining and updating the staff network database and Trivandi Alumni. Manage the relationship and performance of external HR/Recruitment/Outsourcing providers.
Training: Provide access to and develop training and coaching packages for staff, working with external providers and internal resources. Oversee staff development.
On-Boarding: Develop induction packs and support the Business Directors and Project Leads to on-board full-time and contracted project staff as required. Support on providing visas, screening checks and accreditation of workforce. Provide offer letters and contracts to staff. Oversee all aspects of on-boarding of staff creating a special and unique welcome and induction to Trivandi.
HR management: Provide advice on all Employee Relations (ER) matters when necessary. Own the staff handbook and policies. Ensure all legislative and worker welfare aspects are met. Provide internal coordination and communication to employees, contractors and associates. Establish staff KPI’s and support performance management. Lead on staff well-being initiatives and support to staff as required. Lead on Mental Health support to staff with external providers as necessary. Maintain an oversight of the staff compensation and benefits package(s) including managing the contracts/relationships with outsourced parties such as the private healthcare provider.
HR Project/Contract Support: Provide HR support in relation to our project contract mobilization; recruiting contract staff, on-boarding staff and providing HR Management. Work with Project Leads and the Finance team in the management of contracted resources.
This aspect of the role will require an understanding and implementation of client Worker Welfare requirements in international locations and major event Accreditation and Visa processes, where relevant.
Team Building: Lead on team building and team support initiatives to build a cohesive, high-performing and highly motivated team in line with Trivandi culture.
Agility: Show strong initiative, identify opportunities to develop company processes and improve efficiencies to help us develop the company to achieve increased success.
Personal Skills and Experience: The key knowledge, experience and qualifications we are looking for include:
- Proven experience in HR Management at senior manager level
- Experience in providing advice to Executive Directors
- Proven experience and success with in-house and outsourced recruitment
- Experience and capability of UK employment legislation
- Experience in MENA employment legislation and visa requirements would be an advantage
- Leadership experience in both personal and professional life
- Proficient in the use of IT, Mac and Microsoft Office, inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and iOS applications.
The key competencies and behaviours we are looking for include:
- Able to use initiative, identify opportunities, take ownership andresponsibility
- A quick learner capable of understanding and flexing to client and business needs
- First-rate organizational skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Clear concise communication skills
- Exceptional client service understanding, delivering excellent results
- Able to prioritise in a dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proactive, self-motivated, resourceful and confident
- Good emotional intelligence and empathy
The values that our staff share:
- DELIVER: Set high standards and be tenacious getting the jobdone
- AUTHENTIC: Display the highest levels of integrity and commitment
- DEDICATED: Committed, loyal and readily contactable
- TEAM: Supportive, respectful and reliable teammember
- ENGAGING: Open, friendly andapproachable
Apply for Head of HR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Construction Director / Head / VP Workforce Non CIPD member jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy Director / Head / VP Workforce Non CIPD member jobs in United Kingdom
- Entertainment / Leisure / Hospitality Director / Head / VP Workforce Non CIPD member jobs in United Kingdom
- Professional Services Director / Head / VP Workforce Non CIPD member jobs in United Kingdom