We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. The SIPP Practice Area provides administration and trusteeship services to self-invested personal pension arrangements for members, both advised and non-advised and we hold over 1,300 commercial properties.
Due to the growth of our SIPP proposition, we are pleased to introduce a brand new role to the business and this is the SIPP Training and Development Manager. This is a full-time and permanent position.
We expect this role to be hybrid where the successful candidate will be able to flexibly sharing time between home and the office. Our SIPP teams are based from our Glasgow and Cheltenham offices although this role will be based in Glasgow.
- Keep up to date with regulatory and market developments that affect self-invested pension administration
- Create a skills matrix to identify technical and procedural training, development needs and skills gaps across the SIPP business area, and ensure consistency of training
- Maintain a SIPP business area training calendar, identifying priorities for certain times of the year
- Liaise and provide feedback to the Firm’s Learning and Development Manager (HR based) to recommend soft skill training that is required in the SIPP business area and help to develop the training
- Work with Head of Training & Competence (Governance based) to develop training, provide support to write, plan and deliver training, ensuring that training material is made available and delivered in an appropriate and timely manner and that any material produced is kept up to date with appropriate review cycles in place
- Identify from regular discussions with the SIPP Customer Service Managers future training needs for their Teams
- Responsible for ensuring that technical training support material is made available and delivered in an appropriate and timely manner to the relevant customer service teams.
- Work closely with the Self-Invested Technical Specialist so that any technical support material produced is kept up to date with appropriate review cycles in place
- Work closely with the Apprentice Lead in Pensions to ensure new apprenticeships are given the required training and support needed to see them through the BW the Apprenticeship Programme
- Audit qualifications data for staff held within SIPP with the respective industry body (e.g. CII and APE) and record it on the HR database
- Apart from face to face training, explore alternative technology to deliver training remotely
- Co-ordinate and personally contribute to the delivery of training in line with the business needs, making sure the messaging is appropriate to the teams to allow them to understand the requirements and implications
- Oversee delivery of training by internal or external trainers
- Develop and support a team of volunteer internal trainers to deal with delivery of training sessions
- Establish training requirements and put in place a training framework for those in the induction process, including “new to pensions” including apprentices
- Work with the IT and SIPPstream teams to identify training requirements and support them to develop training on new ways for working or system changes
- Develop and maintain a formal training record system for each individual to aid quality control of training programmes using MyLearning, participate in firm wide My Learning Committee
- Mentoring – monitor the mentoring program across the offices, allocating mentors as required and supporting mentors. Working with the Learning and Development Manager to provide training to mentors in their role
- Project based work as agreed
About the Person
Significant experience in a senior learning and development role is essential - ideally gained within a professional or financial services environment although this is desirable not essential
Excellent presentational, listening and organisational skills, ability to adapt training to fit with the audience knowledge level
Ability to motivate and encourage others to stretch themselves to learn
Travel to all offices to identify training needs and deliver solutions.
This may entail regular travel overnight stays away from home which are seen as necessary to performing the role.
As a minimum, Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
Scottish Intermediate 2 certificates grade A to C
Scottish Standard Grades (credit Level) grade 1 to 2
Scottish National 5 certificates grade A to C
GCSE grade 5 / C or above
Core & Flexible Benefits
Competitive discretionary annual bonus
Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back
One paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.