Are you interested in working for a United Nations organization that touches the lives of billions of people every day? Ours does. The International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulates international shipping – an industry that transports 90% of global trade, including probably the screen you are now looking at and the food you ate this morning.
As a specialised UN agency, IMO ensures that shipping is safe and sustainable so that everyone can continue to enjoy its benefits across the globe. Working for us you can look forward to opportunities for contributing to its:
- Global impact
- Multicultural environment
- Strong focus on climate change
- Commitment to gender equality
- Professionally challenging work
- Opportunities to drive change
Our HRS Team
The HR team is going through exciting time of change and business improvement and is looking for a Human Resources Generalist Administrator to join its team for up to 2 years. You will be working on projects across the HR business spectrum with a plenty of variety and challenges.
- Execute full cycle of recruitment processes for Professional category vacancies, including coordinating the preparation of job descriptions and vacancy notices, conducting the final long lists, engaging with candidates on all relevant matters, liaising on travel, and onboarding arrangements.
- Assist with the recruitment process for General Service category positions, as necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate assessments (e.g. tests to assess competencies and skills) and coordinate marking of test papers.
- Maintain digital job opening files on the e-Recruitment tool, track the progress of recruitment, and update managers on necessary actions.
- Support the e-Recruitment project team; testing and collecting feedback from stakeholders for the various phases of the rollout, responding to e-Recruitment queries and issues and reporting to external developers for follow up.
- Support the administration of the performance management process at IMO, provide guidance to staff on forms and process, input to Entitlement and Benefits for application of salary increment.
Learning and Development
- Assist in the development of staff development programme, including collaborating in the selection of courses and the design of the annual training catalogue.
- Coordinate with training providers, manage the online registration tool, implementation of training activities, monitoring feedback and support with impact assessment.
- Support the planning, analysis and monitoring of training funds.
- Maintain and administer the databases for recruitment, training and performance management.
- Compile and prepare regular statistical analysis, prepare reports and assist in the preparation of recruitment and staff development budgets.
- Provide general office support services; processes, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications; set up and maintain files/records (electronic and paper); schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines, etc.
- Prepare written response to queries concerning recruitment related matters.
- Provide any other support as may be required.
For more information, please click on the link provided