Thank you for your interest in the role of HR Regional Manager - Plymouth Region. Due to our continued success and growth, we are looking for a passionate HR professional to join our HR Shared Services Team and lead a team of HR professionals based in Plymouth GLT schools. We are keen to receive applications from HR generalists who also have a passion for, and experience of Learning and Development (L &D).
The Greenshaw Learning Trust (GLT) is a successful multi academy trust with 8 primary schools and 12 secondary schools geographically spread across South London, Berkshire, Surrey, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, and Plymouth. We also have approval to open a new secondary school and secondary special school in Sutton. Having grown significantly over the last four years we currently employ over 2,000 people and educate 14,000 students and we are planning to grow further over the coming months and years.
The Shared Services HR Team currently consists of a Head of HR, Regional HR Managers based in South Gloucestershire, the Southeast, Plymouth, and an HR Systems Manager. Each GLT school is supported by a designated HR Lead, managed, and supported by one of the Regional HR Managers. The HR Regional Manager will support the Head of HR by providing quality HR support to all GLT schools, staff, and stakeholders. The post holder will be based in Plymouth and will primarily support schools in the Plymouth area, however, support at other schools within the GLT and travel to all GLT locations will be required.
This role allows for flexibility including the option of working remotely / from home on occasions, however typically working hours will be:
08:00 – 16:00 / 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday
08:00 – 15:45 / 09:00 – 16:45 Friday
The key areas of the role will include:
- Supporting the Head of HR to ensure all GLT Schools, staff and stakeholders receive a professional, consistent, and effective HR service.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance on a range of people issues by ensuring consistent implementation and application of the GLT HR policies across schools within the Trust.
- The HR Regional Manager will support all GLT schools, however, due to the location, will primarily support the schools located in the Plymouth Region.
Areas of focus
The following outlines the main areas of responsibility. Full details are available in the recruitment pack.
- Contracts and Operations
- Employee Resourcing
- Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Payroll/Pensions/Budgetary Support
- Analysis Reporting
Greenshaw recognises our employees as our most important and valuable asset an acknowledge the the quality and commitment of our employees is critical to our success. In recognition of that we offer the following staff benefits.
- A supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all colleagues.
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression.
- Employer Contributions to Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Eye Care Voucher scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- My Health discounts
Greenshaw Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore this appointment will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.