12 Month fixed term contract, HR Advisory position, Full time, Hybrid working, Main office based in Bootle
Your new company
Working for a large nationwide public sector organisation based in Bootle. My client is seeking a professional HR Advisor to join their busy team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The organisation work closely with Charities across the UK and pride themselves on the service they provide.
Your new role
The position is being offered on a hybris basis, 1 day in the office per week, x 2 from home and the remaining x 2 days are flexible.
You will be working within an HR team of 15, this varied and high impact role with be reporting to the HR Business Partner, together forming the HR Advisory Service which is responsible for providing partnering support, professional advice and challenge to key managers in the organisation of 440 staff. You will be responsible for providing HR advice at all levels on complex casework and all employment issues along with the regular review and refresh of HR policies.
Some of your duties will include but not limited too
* Deliver a dedicated HR advisory service for key business managers across all grades and sites including senior managers and stakeholders on the full range of employment matters, including absence and health issues, conduct and capability, disputes and other employee relations matters.
* Maintain continuous review of HR policies over the 12-month period- the organisation uses central Civil Service employment policies, so review, refresh, publicise and train are key skills (rather than writing the policies from scratch)
* Lead and /or participate in large complex HR projects and policy development, change management programmes and working groups as required including provision of briefings, presentations and the compilation of written reports with appropriate recommendations to the business and to more senior grades.
* Work on the development and delivery of training events/workshops in areas of HR best practice to enhance the knowledge and skills of Managers.
This is a really busy team and you will need to work at pace and have a very pragmatic approach.
What you'll need to succeed
* Come from a proven history within a HR Advisory position
* Ability to lead and make and maintain strong and influential relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
* Willingness to challenge stakeholders' views and practice
* Linking people activities and interventions to a business outcome.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.