Nelsons is the UK’s largest manufacturer of natural healthcare products, operating in the market place for over 150 years with a wide range of brands and products; inspiring generations to live healthier and happier lives. We are proud of our brands - RESCUE range, Bach Original Flower Remedies, Spatone, Nelsons Arnicare, Nelsons Teetha, Nelsons creams including H+Care and Nelsons homeopathic ClikPak range – which are distributed worldwide to over 60 countries.
The HR Assistant is a key member of the HR team and will be responsible for general HR admin and recruitment support including regular updating of the HR system and issuing of contracts and offer letters.The position will also support recruitment, including creating adverts and scheduling of interviews.
This role has a heavy recruitment focus, please bear this in mind when applying.
- Maintain and update the HR system, electronic files and other documents as required by our statutory requirements.
- Ensure all starters and leavers are processed in a timely manner and to ensure that all related actions, including reference checking, medicals and right to work checks are carried out in full and signed off appropriately.
- Manage the administration of company benefits, including pension, life assurance, private medical, Nelsons Rewards, company cars, Tastecards, Season Ticket Loans
- Run the monthly payroll process, ensuring all payroll actions are submitted to the payroll manager on time and in full.
- Assisting Drafting letters, Contracts, and Presentations
- Setting new starters up on the HR system and adding their new starter information
- Carry out regular audits of HR system and processes to ensure information is up-to-date
- Be first point of contact for the HR System (general queries)
- Contact for the regions on paperwork to be signed off by Claire
- Responding to reference requests
- Manage the holiday carryover
- Processes purchase orders for the HR Team
- Booking interviews and placeholders
- Candidate and agency correspondence, particularly feedback
- Setting up and sending out SHL’s
- Updating job descriptions to correct format
- Set up new vacancies on PeopleHR
- Posting job descriptions to external job boards
- Shortlisting candidates
Education / Qualifications
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in HR and Recruitment administration within a busy and fast paced
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, and outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised with very acute attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and flexible approach