Hybrid role between office and remote working
Founded in 1934, PPL is the UK music industry’s collective management organisation (CMO) for over 110,000 performers and record companies. We license recorded music in the UK when it is played in public (shops, bars, nightclubs, offices etc.) or broadcast (BBC, commercial radio, commercial TV etc.) and ensure that revenue flows back to our members. These include both independent and major record companies, together with performers ranging from emerging grassroots artists through to established session musicians and globally renowned artists. PPL’s public performance licensing is carried out on PPL’s behalf by PPL PRS, the joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music.
We also collect performance rights internationally when music is played overseas in public and used on TV, radio and some online streaming services, as well as for private copying. In 2019 we collected £86.7 million, in part thanks to our network of over 95 agreements with CMOs around the world. International revenues are an increasingly important revenue stream for performers and recording rightsholders. In 2019 we collected £271.8 million while also distributing money to over 119,000 performers and recording rightsholders.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Training Partner here at PPL you will have overall responsibility for the development and delivery of training within our Member Services, Repertoire and International departments. You will work alongside the departmental Management Teams and will report directly into the Head of People and Organisational Development. You will work closely with various PPL departments in order to ensure consistent and best practice training and quality standards are developed and implemented across the functions. Proactively driving the ongoing improvement of training methods, and systems and reporting, and performance.
What you’ll need:
- To be trained in business skills in particular training, coaching, presentations, customer service, communication, sales, and negotiation
- At least four years successful training experience within a customer service, target driven environment
- Experience in carrying out training needs analysis, developing and delivering training courses and providing one to one coaching
- A good understanding of training techniques and blended learning
- To have developed and worked with a quality framework and has analysed and driven change as a result
- To be an expert in PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS Project, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent working knowledge of a CRM system
- Leadership and Motivation skills