Job title: Employment Relations Programme Manager x2
Location: Agile working with regular travel to Leeds and London
Role: Full time, flexible working considered. Permanent.
Salary: £36,150 – £42,400
About the Role
As an Employment Relations Programme Manager, you will manage and lead the delivery of specific work programme objectives that support national pay, reward, and terms and conditions of service for NHS staff. This will include the NHS Job evaluation scheme and equal pay and equality issues.
Reporting to the Head of Employment Relations, the post holder will:
- establish key relationships with stakeholders, trade union representatives, and NHS managers,
- undertake specialist research,
- provide expert advice and directly support the development of national policy, and
- delivering activities that support key work programme objectives.
The post holder for Job Evaluation and Workforce will proactively represent the interests of employers in the NHS on issues related to the NHS Job Evaluation Scheme programme of work, supporting the implementation of changes in policy where agreed.
The post holder for Employer Engagement and Support will work closely with the other employment relation managers to develop employer resources to support our work programmes areas.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have practical experience in providing expert advice on reward and employment relations issues. (Expert)
- Have a proven track record of developing, managing, and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. (Leading)
- Demonstrate an understanding of NHS workforce policy issues and the possible employment relations and reward interventions (Bold)
- Can demonstrate effective verbal, written and presentational skills when conveying complex information to a variety of audiences. (Assured)
- Have proven experience of working individually, and as part of a team, when delivering competing work priorities under pressure (Leading)
- Have experience of effective partnership working with Trades Unions in the NHS or other sectors (Respect)
- Can demonstrate an understanding of job evaluation (Expert)
- Can demonstrate effective negotiation expertise (Expert)
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly and our agile working principles are designed to empower our people to work with optimal flexibility and minimal constraints to support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please download the job description and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact Alexander van Rees (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a call.
Application deadline: 03 October 2021 (23:55)
Interview date: w/c 18 October 2021