PGL have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at Liddington in Swindon. As HR Operations Officer, you will provide generalist and operational support to all centre staff and managers as well as operating as a member of the centre leadership team, contributing to the overall decision making and performance of a busy activity centre.
This is a permanent, full time role working 42 hours over five days a week. We offer a competitive staff package, with on-site meals and accommodation available, if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the arrival and departure of centre staff and supporting recruitment processes;
- Ensuring staff are paid correctly and on time and supporting line managers to manage staff hours and holiday effectively;
- Leading a safe and supportive staff experience providing a first line HR support service;
- Actively promoting effective people management practices through communication, ongoing training and support;
- Being an active member of the centre leadership team to contributing to the overall performance of a residential activity centre ;
- Assisting with centre specific duties associated with a children’s residential activity centre.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with strong organisational skills, who is confident managing their own time and workload, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. You will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and be comfortable using Excel to produce spreadsheets and complete advanced formatting tasks. In work you will be effective at developing relationships with the ability to positively contribute to tasks, projects and meetings. You will communicate and present effectively and have proven competence in delivering training. You will act as positive role model for others by demonstrating high personal standards of behaviour along with energy, drive and determination. Applicants will have completed, or be prepared to work towards, their Recruiting Safely training and a Health and Safety qualification at Level 2 or above.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.
Closing date: 22nd September 2021