Employee Relations Advisor - Crowthorn Fulltime 12 Month contract.
Your new company
Charity in the UK supporting 7,000 vulnerable children and their families, children with special educational needs and people with learning disabilities. It operates in London and the South East with a turnover of around £36m pa and needs to raise £12m each year in voluntary income. With its charitable roots established in 1775, it is one of the UK's oldest charities, with over 200 years of Royal Patronage of Her Majesty The Queen.
Your new role
* To support the ER Manager in providing full support with all matters relating to employee relations in the areas of disciplinary, grievance, change management, capability, performance management, absence management, and all matters relating to employee terms and conditions.
* To support and advise line managers in matters of employment law especially in relation to employment contracts and employee relations. To support and advise departmental colleagues in all HR related matters. To ensure confidentiality is appropriately maintained and clear effective communication and attention to detail in all aspects of work.
* To lead on the management of casework, relating to employee relations issues. This includes making recommendations, giving advice and support to managers, liaising with Occupational Health, supporting with disciplinary hearings, grievance procedures and change process consultations. To also support the development and maintenance of a performance management framework. This includes developing managers' skills in this area, leading on capability-related casework, and advising and guiding managers through the relevant policies.
* To develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with managers and colleagues and establish professional credibility.
* To ensure legislation, policy and best practice are reviewed, updated and communicated to the wider organisation.
* To assist in the design and delivery of development workshops in areas of ER best practice, to
* enhance knowledge and skills.
* To ensure full, accurate and up to date records are kept and maintained for all areas of responsibility and that these can readily and easily be retrieved when required. To ensure that all staff files are updated accordingly and within the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
* To meet regularly with the ER Manager, bringing all matters of concern to his/her attention and to seek appropriate advice and guidance as and when required. To advise the ER Manager immediately when employee relations matters are causing concern and seek advice in respect of disciplinary or grievance procedures in order to apply consistency.
What you'll need to succeed
* Strong employee relations experience, including disciplinary, grievances, absence, proven experience of managing complex cases.
* Proven experience in change management & consultation processes and capability.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build effective working relationships.
* Solid awareness of employment law.
* Experience of providing guidance and advice to front line managers.
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience in producing and reviewing HR Policies.
* Ability to analyse situations quickly and respond appropriately to those seeking advice/guidance.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally and build credibility across the organisation.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity.
* Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to be customer focused and "can do" attitude
* Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
* Effective team player, with the ability to work on own initiative/independently to support of designated services
* Approachable and aware of self and others.
* The ability to plan time effectively and work independently.
* Experience of building and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, and the wider community.
* A high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
* A willingness to ask for advice and support as necessary and to be flexible and open to the ideas of others.
* Ability to challenge and influence.
* Able to undertake daily work efficiently and remain focused on longer term vision.
* Values diversity and is sensitive to the Jewish context in which they operate
* To be able to understand the roles of other professionals and principles of partnership.
* Car owner/driver. Ability to use own car for business purposes.
* Mobile - able to travel to other sites
What you'll get in return
Hybrid working - Note - Must be able to travel
Finish early on Fridays at 13:00
Holiday allowance + additional days for the Jewish holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.