A proactive Performance & Reward Manager to join an employer of choice, based in Portsmouth / Remote.
Your new company
My client are an established brand and an employer of choice in the local area. The business work across different divisions with the clear aim of providing the best customer service to people throughout the region.
Your new role
As the Performance & Reward Manager, reporting to the HR Director and managing 1 x direct report, you will develop and embed the Performance & Reward strategy that supports organisation objectives to attract and retain a diverse and motivated workforce, and progresses the Responsible Business agenda.
This is a strategic role where you will be required to present to the board / directors, but you must also be willing to 'roll up your sleeves' on a day to day basis too.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure the Performance & Reward strategy is aligned to the strategic goals and supports the Responsible Business agenda
* Lead the Pay Investment strategy (salaried colleagues); complete salary surveys and obtain provide market insight and analysis together with recommendations that ensures base pay position is achieved and maintained
* With the HR Director, liaise with the external advisor on matters associated with Executive reward. In line with the annual calendar, prepare reports and papers on all elements of reward for consideration by the REMCO and ensure decisions taken are recorded and confirmed in writing to members of the Executive
* Monitor and analyse the impacts of the NMW and Living Wage and with Finance colleagues, provide forward cost impacts to be considered in the budgeting process
* Review and evolve the benefits matrix. Ensure benefits e.g. cars/allowances, pensions, are competitive and cost effective by grade to support attraction and retention targets and career development
* Manage the relationship with 3rd party suppliers e.g. Car leasing, corporate insurances. Lead the procurement process and manage the contract to ensure delivery of agreed service levels
Working hours are 39 / week, Monday-Friday. This role will be office-based for the 1st couple of months during your induction, but can then move to a hybrid model of 2-3 days office vs 2-3 days remote / week.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a senior HR professional with strong experience in Pay and Reward. You must be well organised, numerate, have good IT skills / Excel and be able to manage multiple projects, with a strength in building relationships and stakeholder management.
My client would also like someone proactive who comes to the business with ideas and opportunities to innovate.
You must hold a CIPD qualification (or be studying towards), be experienced in the Retail industry or a similar fast-paced/multi-site environment. The role also requires someone who has worked in a matrix organisation and who is analytical with keen attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer of choice in the local area, in a senior strategic role where you will be able to influence the organisation and add significant value. You will also benefit from an experienced wider HR function who will offer support and a friendly working environment.
You will receive a market-led salary between £60,000-£68,000 (DOE), plus a car allowance, 23 days holiday + BH's, local discounts, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, optional share scheme, pension matched to 4%, EAP, free onsite parking and free tea / coffee, milk and squash.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today on 07834 975318.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.