My client, an international organisation dedicated to building a more sustainable world and solving global challenges through education and international collaboration, now has a fantastic opportunity for a Head of People to join them on permanent basis.
As Head of People, reporting to the People Director, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the People strategy and operational People plan through the leadership of the People team. As a key advisor to the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll actively lead in the delivery of a business partnering approach across the organisation that enables a learning and performance driven culture, through the development of strong relationships and the implementation of an effective learning and development strategy.
This role requires an experienced People/HR professional with a strong track record of managing and building the capacity of People teams and experience of leading, empowering, and motivating teams to promote a high-performance culture. As a strategic thinker with experience of business planning, shaping strategies and developing and leading people activities and projects, the ideal candidate will enjoy being operationally hands on in a role and will demonstrate genuine interest in working in the international education and international development sectors and contributing to a supportive, inclusive and values led organisation that has social impact and makes a difference.
To be considered you will also require:
- Degree level education and Chartered MCIPD (or equivalent) or significant senior level People experience
- A demonstrable understanding of change management and the ability to implement and manage change involving culture, people, systems, and processes
- Experience of working at a senior level, with demonstrable and broad knowledge of current people and culture thinking, policy, employment law, business partnering and best practice
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex employee relations and conflict management cases
- Experience of developing and implementing learning and development strategies and activities
- Significant project management experience
- Proven financial skills, with knowledge and experience of budget development, financial monitoring and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills
Please note, interviews will be conducted on an ongoing rolling basis, so if you are interested please apply ASAP.