Your new company
Our practice spans a wide range of industry sectors and is broadly split into two discrete areas: insurance and corporates. Working on both contentious and non-contentious matters, our clients range from large multinationals to growth UK corporate firms and other professional practices, and include many household names.
Your new role
* Lead the legal lateral hire programme for Insurance and Legal Services, working in partnership with relevant partners and the People Team.
* Working with the legal teams to define lateral hire priorities and execute the recruitment plan
* Managing an efficient and effective end to end recruitment process for lateral hires, from search to on boarding, in line with the firm's People strategy and in collaboration with the People Team.
* Prepares job descriptions with the People Team, agrees the attraction and selection process in line with the Inclusion and Diversity strategy, drafts and places advertisements (as appropriate) and utilises the preferred supplier agencies to their maximum potential as well as undertaking direct sourcing.
* Understands the firm's recruitment brand and ensures all recruitment literature/websites/online material is aligned with the firm's employer brand
* Ensures the effective use of firm's website, social media, job boards and other specific media to source diverse candidates.
* Uses the internal job page on the firm's intranet to encourage internal sourcing of candidates where relevant
* Assists with managing the recruitment preferred supplier list ensuring adherence to SLAs.
* Manages the use of and promotion of CVMail (or such applicant tracking system in existence at a given time)
* Manages the recruitment processes in line with GDPR requirements
* Ensuring that candidates are effectively benchmarked against the RPC CareerBuilder framework
* Regularly reviews the candidate experience and takes action as needed
* Acts as a point of expertise on all recruitment related matters, providing advice and guidance to the relevant People Managers and partners.
* Contributes to salary mapping for the legal teams, understands the Bristol legal markets and can advise the firm on competitive remuneration offerings.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and experience
* Proven and extensive knowledge and experience of the legal recruitment market
* Experience of managing recruitment processes and direct sourcing
* Client management experience
* Ability to manage, consult and influence stakeholders
* Understanding of HR processes (annual salary/bonus/performance review & headcount planning)
* Robust working knowledge of the law affecting recruitment and selection (including knowledge of inclusion and diversity landscape)
* Ability to develop strong relationships within the business at all levels, using technical expertise
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong personal judgement, able to remain independent and adapt a common-sense approach
* Proactive and self-motivated yet collaborative in approach
* Strong communication skills both oral and written
* Committed, determined and robust
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.