HR Operations Lead
This role will be based at either one of UKRI’s sites near Didcot or Warrington supported by a flexible approach to hybrid working
Contract: Fixed Term/12 Months
Full time/Part time/Job share considered
Salary: £50,702 per annum/pro rata
Closing date: 17th October 2021
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is the leading funding agency investing in science and research in the UK. Sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), we operate across the whole of the UK with a combined budget of more than £8 billion and 7,500 employees. UKRI brings together the seven disciplinary research councils, Research England, which is responsible for supporting research and knowledge exchange at higher education institutions in England; and the UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK. For more information, please visit www.ukri.org
Our vision is to create an outstanding research and innovation system that gives everyone the opportunity to contribute and to benefit, enriching lives locally, nationally and internationally. Throughout the last year UKRI has played a central role in convening and catalysing efforts to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, supporting hundreds of projects to address the challenges and helping innovative businesses. Now is an exciting time to join our team.
Our HR function plays a pivotal role in achieving UKRI’s vision. Following a comprehensive review we are implementing a new HR Target Operating Model to transform the way we work, with a focus on strengthening our strategic business partnering capability, modernising HR operational services and building expertise in areas such as careers and talent management, EDI, and leadership development.
We are seeking to recruit an HR Operations Lead, who will be a key member of our future HR Leadership Group,.
In this role, you will be part of a team which will lead and manage HR Operations across UKRI.
You will initiate and lead the governance and delivery of a programme or group of significant improvement projects,.
As an HR Operations Lead, you will deputise for the Head of HR Operations to ensure appropriate levels of support and management are available to teams at all times.
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- University degree in HR/equivalent relevant professional experience
- CIPD membership and/or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with and managing complex and challenging HR casework
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience of effecting change across complex groups of stakeholders
- Using coaching , able to apply effective communication, influencing and analytical skills in situations which present significant complexity
- Experience of leading and managing projects
- Demonstrable experience of planning and organising service delivery in a complex organisation where there are conflicting and competing service demands
- Excellent customer service/stakeholder management skills
- Proactive in delivering improved outcomes for customers.
UKRI seeks to ensure it creates and maintains a system of openness, fairness and inclusion –
a collaborative, trusted environment, which is attractive to and accessible to everyone who is interested in developing their career with us.
How to apply
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please click the apply button. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 17th October 2021.