Head of Darlington People Strategy
£60,000 - £63,000
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
Darlington. Most Treasury employees will work a hybrid pattern, spending half their working week in the office and half working remotely. For a full time employee, this means spending 2-3 days a week in an office, on average.
Are you interested in playing an important role in a key government Department that offers an exciting opportunity to be part of the decision making that affects the whole of the UK? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Corporate Centre Group.
The team is responsible for the establishment of the new economic campus in Darlington, which is now up and running, and making a success of it is a key priority for the Treasury. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for developing, delivering and communicating the Department’s plans for staffing the new office in Darlington. In doing so, you will work closely with HR and business change colleagues, as well as teams across the Treasury, the other Government Departments joining the campus, and local partners. This is an opportunity to influence and deliver genuine change at the heart of Government!
- Planning and implementing innovative recruitment campaigns for the Darlington Economic Campus
- Developing and delivering attraction and outreach strategies for the campus, ensuring that we achieve our ambitions for a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Working with senior staff and teams to ensure the campus achieves its longer-term objectives.
- Overseeing relocation arrangements and support for current HMT staff moving to work in the Darlington campus.
What you will bring to the team:
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent qualification in HR Management. Ideally, you would be working towards CIPD level 7 (Masters level) or Chartered CIPD.
- Evidence of a successful track record developing and implementing a people strategy, preferably in the context of a change programme.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across organisational boundaries
- Ability to deliver programme priorities, developing or amending plans in response to changing circumstances
The Darlington Economic Campus is a pioneering new cross-government hub which will bring together people across departments and public organisations to play an active role in the most important issues of the day. The work of the Campus will make a real difference to people both UK and internationally. There will be substantial career opportunities and exciting prospects - a career at the Campus means you will be working at the heart of Government, with access to the benefits and fantastic opportunities offered by the civil service. This role is based at HM Treasury and we will be joined on the campus by:
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Office for National Statistics
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
You can find out more information about Darlington here - www.enjoydarlington.co.uk
HM Treasury is proud of a diverse and inclusive work environment, committed to fairness and the promotion of equality of opportunity for all. We know that having a range of experiences, ways of working and thinking makes us a stronger organisation, better at developing policy that is reflective of the communities we serve. We embrace different views and experiences and value the fresh perspective that people from a variety of circumstances bring to the work we do. We welcome applications from candidates who have not previously worked for the Civil Service, mid- and late-career changers with transferrable skills, people from all backgrounds and circumstances regardless of disability, ethnicity, LGBT+ identity and socio-economic status.
Some of the Benefits our people love!
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant). Additionally, we operate flexitime systems, allowing employees to take up to an additional 2 days off each month
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme and season ticket advances
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)
More information about the Treasury can be found here.
For more information about the role, salary, benefits and how to apply please follow the "Apply" link.
If you would like to speak to the hiring manager informally prior to the closing date for applications to find out more about the job, please contact Rachel Owens or Ruth Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering some drop-in sessions to support your application and provide further information on the Civil Service recruitment process;
Recruitment Candidate Guidance Session:
- Wednesday 13th October 5 – 6pm
Head of Darlington People Strategy Drop In Session
- Wednesday 13th October 12 – 1pm
If you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in the selection process, please tell us about this in your online application form, or speak to the recruitment team at email@example.com
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance contact HMT by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can contact the Civil Service Commission, which regulates all Civil Service recruitment.