This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Cirencester and the South Cotswolds by becoming a Trustee and Academy Ambassador at Corinium Education Trust (CET).
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Corinium Education Trust is a pupil-centred multi-academy trust based in Cirencester which is growing through collaboration to benefit a greater number of local young people. The trust board seeks to recruit two non-executive directors/trustees with expertise in Education Leadership and School Improvement or Strategic Leadership and Growth who will be able to support the trust in the implementation of its vision and strategy. Board meetings are held virtually or in person at Cirencester Deer Park School GL71XB when safe to do so.
The board seeks two business leaders with board-level experience in:
- Education Leadership and School Improvement (primary & secondary), with a particular focus on disadvantaged pupil achievement
- Strategic Leadership and Growth Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Recovery and school improvement: Post pandemic leaders are refocusing on the curriculum, teaching, and learning. They are determined to improve educational outcomes - especially within the sponsored primary school. All other schools were judged 'good' by Ofsted in 2017, and SIAMS where appropriate. However, the trust aspires to ensure that all pupils can make good progress and the board's ambition is for all schools to be in the top 20% of all performing schools in England over time.
- Organisational development and leadership capacity: The trust uses some in-service days to enable whole staff learning and development and promotes cross MAT peer review work between teachers as well as good practice reviews. The trust is keen to develop its leadership and talent management programmes to provide clear career pathways, which would not otherwise exist in a stand-alone school and plan for succession. This will enable the Corinium Education Trust to attract, develop and retain high-quality staff.
- Growth and sustainability: The trust aspires to grow to around 7-10 schools over the next 3-5 years in line with its focus on values and locality (to facilitate effective collaborative working across schools in the trust).
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.