Strong HR Generalist with experience in recruitment please read Job Spec
Your new company
This clients portfolio includes world-leading companies in the both heavy and light industries around the world.
With offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore; as such, major industry leaders globally rely on them to assess the health of their capital project systems and provide recommendations to improve their performance.
They examine cost, schedule, and asset quality, with a strong focus on risk management activities to drive project success. Their project databases are unique and the most comprehensive sources of capital project experience in existence.
They also take a leading role in empirical research into the drivers of better projects and project systems, using our extensive databases of past project performance.
They are a preeminent global bench-marking and consultancy for capital projects. Guiding capital-intensive organisations to establish the right combination of people, work process, and governance to maximise cost, schedule, safety, and operability performance.
Their clients are leading companies in the process, extractive, and technology sectors who conduct capital projects in the petroleum, minerals, infrastructure, chemicals, and renewables. They are committed to social and ethical responsibility and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
Your new role
HR Manager Duties - support EMEA and coordinate with Global HR Director in United States
* Perform full-cycle recruitment duties, including acting as immigration liaison with external legal counsel and Authorising Officer for the Home Office Immigration System
* Provide performance management and employee relations support in support of IPA managers in the EMEA region for staff in both the UK and The Netherlands
* Lead HR compliance efforts, including GDPR and Business Travel visa requirements
* Support HR-related functions, such as leave reports, medical plan reports and personnel files
* Maintain employee policies and handbook and update as needed
* Coordinate consultant contracts globally in compliance with legal compliance
* Coordinate annual performance reviews for the region and action development opportunities
* Create and update new hires and leavers paperwork as well as new employee inductions
* Assist, and occasionally lead, company events and community service efforts
* Act as regional training coordinator for the administration staff
Office Manager Duties - support EMEA and co-ordinate with Corporate Manager in United States
* Coordinate office vendors as well as maintain office services and facilities including ensuring Covid-safe protocols are complied with for all employees and visitors to site
* Contribute to the smooth administrative functioning of the office by performing backup duties such as scheduling and proposals function, calendar management and other duties as needed
* Line Management of 1 administrative professional and support management of 1 other
* Provide reception role of Reading office for: phone, mailbox business couriers and ad-hoc support
What you'll need to succeed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* CIPD Qualified - minimum Level 5 or relevant experience needed
* Minimum of two years experience with full-cycle recruitment
* Knowledge of GDPR and its impact to the HR function
* Previous experience of office management would be advantageous
* Proven competence obtaining Tier2 / Skilled Worker sponsorship as well as exposure applying for overseas business visitor visas would be advantageous
Required Skills and Qualities:
* Demonstrated success following processes to achieve results
* Credible and resourceful
* Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
* Ability to contribute to a high-performing team and maintain a collaborative approach to the work
* Demonstrable superior English language written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and excel functions
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to successfully liaise with people from other cultures
* Excellent Listening, Presentation and Report Writing skills with strong attention to detail
* Language skills for Europe especially The Netherlands would be advantageous but not essential.
What you'll get in return
An excellent remuneration and benefits package. Salary will be negotiated based on the successful candidate's experience.
A selection of the benefits available in the position include; private medical cover, a highly competitive pension scheme, 23 days holidays plus 8 public days (pro rata'd), life assurance and critical illness cover.
Any offer of employment made to the successful candidate will be conditional upon the individual having the right to work in the UK.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.