Training Officer - £28,000 - £32,000
Your new company
Hays HR (Private Sector) are recruiting once again, for a well respected Manufacturer based in Swansea. Our client are looking to appoint a Training Officer to develop and maintain a professional, dedicated training solution for the Company. Ensuring that training is effective, adhering to relevant procedures, providing total coverage of all appropriate training needs.
Your new role
Duties will include: Training Systems
* Develop and implement the Learning Management System.
* Set up and implement a process for identifying training needs.
* Identify appropriate learning resources, both internal and external, to meet the needs of all staff within the business.
* Develop and periodically review the effectiveness of training materials and update when required to enable learners to continuously develop their capabilities.
* Ensure effective staff induction process are in place and adhered to.
* Prepare and communicate learning plans with aims, objectives, and tools to support trainees with understanding potential outcomes for individuals (to ensure a ROI).
* Ensure all training records and the Department Skills Matrix accurately reflect the training and competence of staff and are compliant to all relevant procedures.
* Develop and control a training budget.
* Develop appropriate processes/KPIs to measure the effectiveness of training and ROI for the business.
* Review operator performance to identify areas in need of improvement.
* Support the operations team with the introduction of new Operators.
* Support Shift Leaders in providing objectives for all Operators/Area Owners.
* Support HR Manager in ensuring probation and annual reviews are undertaken as required.
* Regular training and inspection reviews.
* Provide feedback to cross functional teams on operator performance - quality, process, health and safety etc.
* Take part in production huddles, 5s and GEMBA and continuous improvement activities etc.
* Work with engineering dept. on all New Product Introductions and Continuous Improvements
* Work with design and development departments to understand the products being manufactured.
These tasks are not intended as an exhaustive list of the post holder's duties. The post holder is expected to carry out any reasonable request as deemed appropriate by their Manager to support business needs. Specific responsibilities and authorities are defined in procedures relevant to the role.
What you'll need to succeed
* Background in training in a manufacturing business
* Experience in implementing and managing training systems
* Knowledge/experience of effective training techniques
* Good understanding of GMP
* Experience in an electronic product or medical device assembly operation
* Experience of training management in a regulated manufacturing environment
Qualifications and training: Essential
* HNC/HND or equivalent in a technical or business-related discipline
* Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
* Degree or equivalent in a technical or business-related discipline
* Recognised training qualifications, e.g. CIPD, City & Guilds, Train the Trainer….
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Able to effectively engage staff in training activity;
* Able to be innovative in identifying appropriate training solutions;
* Organised and methodical;
* Rigorous in following instructions and procedures;
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Able to maintain accurate records and audit those of others;
* Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business;
* Willing to be flexible in response to any need to work additional/flexible hours.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.