Senior People Partner
Your new company
Hays HR (Private Sector) are delighted to recruit a Senior People Partner for a highly successful retailer based in Newport. The successful candidate will report into the People Manager. You'll be responsible for providing a top-quality HR service to the Retail Stores and Newport Head Office based employees. You'll lead the team of People Partners and People Administrators, supporting, coaching, and developing them in all things HR. Alongside this you'll work with the team to really push forward with our people agenda.
Your new role
* Assisting and guiding the People Partners with HR support for the Retail stores and Newport based employees.
* Providing advice and support to employees on all people related matters.
* Supporting managers with the implementation of our people strategy, policies and procedures.
* Working with our People Partners to ensure a smooth recruitment process.
* Supporting with employee relations casework.
* Providing support with our monthly payroll process.
* Ensuring administration support is on target for deadlines.
* Driving and delivering people excellence in line with KPI's contributing to a great people service and employee satisfaction.
* Working with the people team and other departments to develop and implement people initiatives to support our the business goals.
* Managing the People Partners and the People Administrators, supporting their development and well-being, inspiring them and encouraging their true potential.
What you'll need to succeed
* Level 5 CIPD (desirable) or equivalent qualification/ experience in HR.
* Previous experience of working within a multisite environment is essential.
* Excellent working knowledge of Employment Law.
* Knowledge of GDPR.
* Proven experience of working in a generalist HR role at a similar level.
* Previous experience of working with HR systems - ours is Mitrefinch.
* Experience of working with an ATS - we use iCIMS
* Being an effective coach and mentor to develop confidence and drive great leadership.
* The ability to establish effective relationships and able to demonstrate experience in collaborating, persuading, challenging and influencing across all levels.
* A solution orientated approach with the ability to work with others to efficiently find the best outcome.
* Experience of managing a team with strong people management skills and an aptitude towards team development and training.
* You'll have great communication skills with the ability to liaise with all departments within the business.
* You'll take direction well and work amazingly as part of a team, but you'll also be a dab hand at working independently.
* You'll have the knack to work quickly and always to a very high standard with fantastic organisational skills.
* You'll have a meticulous eye for detail and be able to identify areas for improvement.
* You'll enjoy working under pressure and working to deadlines.
* You'll be resilient to a changing and agile environment.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.