HR Manager, Tredegar, £40,000 - £50,000
Your new company
Hays HR (Private Sector) are recruiting a HR Manager for a well respected Manufacturer who are based in Ebbw Vale. The successful candidate will provide expert professional advice, coaching and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice. In this role you will report into a HR Director who is based on site.
Your new role
* Work closely with managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, performance management, redundancy planning, etc.), in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the business.
* Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
* Confidently and professionally lead and manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters.
* Provide expert advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of company policies, best practice and employment legislation.
* Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organisation aligning with other UK sites.
* Ensure that managers and staff are aware of and understand company policies and procedures and are able to operate them effectively, including providing any necessary awareness training.
* Manage Employee Engagement initiatives effectively as directed by the Senior Manager HR.
* Lead, develop and maintain an effective partnership with the CLUB (Company Forum) ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals.
* Ensure that staff are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues.
* Use the HRIS system to produce analytical data as and when required.
* Attend Monthly management meetings and deliver updates on key HR activity.
* Manage the operational delivery of the HR mailbox and ensure work is covered appropriately.
Compensation and Benefits
* Utilise the HRIS system to manage comp and bens for employees.
* Gather and analyse market data to measure the competitiveness of the companies compensation and benefits package, and make recommendations as appropriate.
* In conjunction with the business, assist with the annual merit review process, as and when required.
* Monitor sickness and absence levels and provide monthly management reports to the business. Support and drive department managers in absence matters generally.
* Represent HR and participate in various internal groups and committees across the organisation.
* Review and manage the new starter and leaver processes, including conducting exit interviews to all staff.
* Manage maternity leave administration and flexible working requests.
* Monitor HR trends throughout the organisation and provide management information on Key Performance Indicators as appropriate.
* Manage health issues including all occupational health matters and medical referrals.
* Manage the information held on the HR database and personnel files to ensure it is updated in a timely and accurate manner and complies with any legal or data protection policies.
* To undertake other tasks as agreed with the Senior Manager HR.
What you'll need to succeed
* CIPD Qualification
* Latest Best Practice in HR
* Working with Recruiting Agencies to gain a competitive advantage
* Up-to-date on regulations and Employment law
* Managing a shared service function for excellent operational delivery
* Good computer skills across all Microsoft Packages
* Experienced in managing complex ER cases
* Policy Development experience
* 5 years previous generalist experience in HR.
* Post Graduate qualification
* Experience of working with payroll
* Experience of working with Pensions
* Pharma/Manufacturing background.
* Budget Management
* Experienced coach and mentor
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.